Keyword

Classified style listing using K2

• Baby Shaju Simon
  • Baby Shaju Simon's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92309 by Baby Shaju Simon
Classified style listing using K2 was created by Baby Shaju Simon
Hello,

K2 is a wonderful tool. Keep up the good work guys. I have been looking at the various options in K2 and found that if properly used, it could  be potentially converted into a good classifieds / listings site due to the categorization and items.

Now I want to know is how can I list the items of a specific category in a list format similar to the classified extensions (say listbingo or Ads manager).

Now in K2, when we use 1 column, we can have a listing, but not a good one. How can we have a listing where we can choose the fields or columns ?

Please see the image attached. This is achieved using a listbingo extension.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92310 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Classified style listing using K2
You would have to extensively edit the category listing template, including code to display the extra fields in the category listing. If you're good with php it could be done.

• Baby Shaju Simon
  • Baby Shaju Simon's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92311 by Baby Shaju Simon
Replied by Baby Shaju Simon on topic Classified style listing using K2
Hi Terry,

Could you help me with this? I am not good with PHP.

Terry A Britton said:

You would have to extensively edit the category listing template, including code to display the extra fields in the category listing. If you're good with php it could be done.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92312 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Classified style listing using K2
Sorry Jamshid, but I'm a user just like you and have my own website to get done. I try to help out on the forum when I can, and in this case I've never messed around with extra fields on the category item list so it would take me a few hours I don't have to figure this out. Maybe someone else has done this and can give you a hand. Have a look at this link it sounds similar to what you want:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/ability-to-display-single-line

Jamshid N Nalakath said:

Hi Terry,

Could you help me with this? I am not good with PHP.

Terry A Britton said: