Keyword

Add new k2 item - How to get it in the menu?

• Erik And
  • Erik And's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92351 by Erik And
Hi,

I've noticed the k2-login module has a link to "add new item" and the link leads to a pop-up form.

I would like have a menu-item linking to the same thing, but i cant find any relevant object to choose... Is the only option to put up an "external link" and hard-coding the link?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92352 by Roger Edrinn
Replied by Roger Edrinn on topic Add new k2 item - How to get it in the menu?
Unless I'm misunderstanding, you go to the menu you want to attach the article/item and use it to point to the new item.

K2 is no different than Joomla in that regard.

• Erik And
  • Erik And's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92353 by Erik And
Replied by Erik And on topic Add new k2 item - How to get it in the menu?
Thanks for your reply, but I think you are misunderstanding.

I want to create links that lead to "create new K2 item".

This is not a object I can assign to a menu-item. Atleast i havnt found it.

The only place I can find such a thing is within the K2-login module. That module has a built in link to a popup with "create new K2 item".

But since im not using the k2-login-form, i would like to put links to the "create new k2 content" in other menus.Roger Edrinn said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you go to the menu you want to attach the article/item and use it to point to the new item.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92354 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Add new k2 item - How to get it in the menu?
What I did was strip down the K2 login module until the only ouput was the link to add new article. I then used the metamod module (it combines two or more modules into one) to combine the K2 login module with my user menu module. I think Ninja also has a module called modulizer that does the same thing.  You will have to edit some css to make the two menus look like they are actually only one.

Erik And said:

Thanks for your reply, but I think you are misunderstanding.

I want to create links that lead to "create new K2 item".

This is not a object I can assign to a menu-item. Atleast i havnt found it.

The only place I can find such a thing is within the K2-login module. That module has a built in link to a popup with "create new K2 item".

But since im not using the k2-login-form, i would like to put links to the "create new k2 content" in other menus.Roger Edrinn said: