Keyword

Dropdown with size selection & update cart button in checkout

• R Paul Jones
  • R Paul Jones's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92403 by R Paul Jones
I would like to add a dropdown which provides a size selection near item price in the checkout process. Additionally, it would be nice—when removing an item from the shopping cart, to simply click  an update or update cart button and visibly see the offending item removed from the K2cart; this would be preferable, in opposition to clicking checkout or refreshing the page. In fact, these are pretty standard functionalities in most other carts, and so, I am surprised that a cart the caliber of K2 is left begging. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92404 by Olivier Karfis
Hi Paul,

K2 (and K2Mart which I believe is what you are mostly asking about) has nothing to do with the checkout process which is completely handled by VirtueMart.  What essentially K2Mart is doing is intelligently handling redirects from what would have been VM product pages to actual K2 articles.  It really doesn't do anything else to the store nor the checkout process.  Once you click on checkout, you're in VM realm.  

You might want to ask on the VM forum about what you are looking for but don't blame K2Mart for VM's shortcomings :-)

(note, I use K2Mart for my online store and 95% of the customization needed was actually to VM code.  I barely had to touch K2Mart.

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.