Keyword

text in comment box creating hyperlinks

• Thomas Evans
  • Thomas Evans's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92408 by Thomas Evans
text in comment box creating hyperlinks was created by Thomas Evans
We are working on our site and testing the comments sections and we found that when you do not properly space the word after a period it creates a hyperlink

for example  trip.The

creates a hyperlink after the comment is published like this   trip.The which goes nowhere.

We properly spaced it in another comment and it does not hyperlink.

We have poured over the forum for hours and can't believe others have not come across this problem.This is a nuisance because of the 404 error it produces but we also figure we do not want people to put in any website addresses in the comment section. These are comments on businesses so there is no need for website addys to be included.

So can how do we disable the ability of K2 to automatically not create a hyperlink.

Can this be done just by disabling it in the backend or does this have to be coded out.

Please let us know which file we would be changing if it does have to be coded out.  All help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92409 by william white
Replied by william white on topic text in comment box creating hyperlinks
Havent seen that before, just confirmed it. i have not seen a setting for that in the k2 paramaters...looking

• Thomas Evans
More
13 years 8 months ago #92410 by Thomas Evans
Replied by Thomas Evans on topic text in comment box creating hyperlinks
Thanks William we are beating our heads against the wall for the last 3 hours trying to figure this one out!

William White said:
Havent seen that before, just confirmed it. i have not seen a setting for that in the k2 paramaters...looking

• Thomas Evans
More
13 years 8 months ago #92411 by Thomas Evans
Replied by Thomas Evans on topic text in comment box creating hyperlinks
I am sorry I do not understand what I should do with this post.  I looked at that file before but not sure which line is in reference to our problem.

William White said: