Keyword

Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?

• Dietrich Murphy
  • Dietrich Murphy's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92502 by Dietrich Murphy
Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6? was created by Dietrich Murphy
Now that Joomla 1.6 is available, when and where can I download a version for Joomla 1.6?

Thanks for all the great work you guys are doing with K2!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92503 by Kai Roen
I would also like to know the ETA for K2 for Joomla 1.6.

I have several K2 sites I need to set up due to the ACL functions in Joomla 1.6

More
13 years 8 months ago #92504 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?
FYI: Fotis said on Twitter that "K2 for 1.6 will be ready early Feb 2011"

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #92505 by Ed Sutherland
Replied by Ed Sutherland on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?
Has there been any updated ETA? K2 is the last piece of the puzzle need for me to upgrade to Joomla 1.6.

Olivier Karfis said:
FYI: Fotis said on Twitter that "K2 for 1.6 will be ready early Feb 2011"

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

More
13 years 7 months ago #92506 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?
It is not looking likely K2 will be done in the immediate future based on the conversations flying about currently regarding the short term nature of J1.6, I personally would like ACL function but am not rushing out to upgrade to 1.6 just for this - I have too many other extensions that are either still only 1.5 or not really stable in 1.6 and my site is far too busy to risk a migration.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92507 by Ed Sutherland
Replied by Ed Sutherland on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?
I completely agree, after reading the Joomlaworks blog entry. The Joomla development team made a huge mistake by forcing those wanting to use 1.6 to go 'cold turkey' without any bridge to the thousands of 1.5 extensions in use. They then shot themselves in the 'other' foot by letting it be known 1.7 would begin development soon after 1.6 was released. K2 has become a critical component for Joomla sites. The 1.6 platform should have either included those features in its core, or understood a K2 1.6 version had to be available for Joomla 1.6 to be accepted.

bunglehaze said:

It is not looking likely K2 will be done in the immediate future based on the conversations flying about currently regarding the short term nature of J1.6, I personally would like ACL function but am not rushing out to upgrade to 1.6 just for this - I have too many other extensions that are either still only 1.5 or not really stable in 1.6 and my site is far too busy to risk a migration.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92508 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?
It all just reminds me of the days of J1.0-1.5 and that really sucked too with backbiting, poor quality migration, poor quality 1.5 components etc which should have been sorted by now.

More
12 years 11 months ago #92509 by Steve Hodges
Replied by Steve Hodges on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?
Could use some K2 love for my Joomla 1.6-7 websites! Any word on an update or is this a dead project?Steve

More
12 years 11 months ago #92510 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?
Check out the 2.5 svn

works with 1.5 and 1.7

Check out gavickpro world news template (new release designed with 1.7 and k2 2.5)

Also check joomlaworks.gr   allvideos and sigpro is ready for 1.7 and working with k2 2.5

More
12 years 11 months ago #92511 by Steve Hodges
Replied by Steve Hodges on topic Where and when I can download K2 for Joomla 1.6?
Thanks William!Is 2.5 svn ready for primetime? I am only seeing 2.5 (RC). Is that what you mean? If you can provide a link if it's different from the (RC) release