Keyword

Setting up a blog

• Stephanie C
  • Stephanie C's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92573 by Stephanie C
Setting up a blog was created by Stephanie C
I need some help setting up a blog.  It will only be for the admin to add content.  I can't seem to find any documentation on how to do this and then add content.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92574 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Setting up a blog
I think you will find that if you

Create a k2 category "blog"

Set the category, item in category, and item views how you want them to show

Create a menu item and choose k2 category - set it to the category you created

goto k2 paramaters - set comments on for either all or registared whatever you want

If you are only adding items from backend thats it. put a few in and give it a try.

Go back to the category and play with the settings for category, item in category, and item until you get it displaying what you want. You can play with the number of items that show and columns they show in

If you want email notifications - try k2Multinotify at K2joom.com (there are also custom sub templates there that you may like.

If you have problems post a link to what you have done

• Stephanie C
More
13 years 8 months ago #92575 by Stephanie C
Replied by Stephanie C on topic Setting up a blog
Hi William,

Thank you so much for responding.  Your feedback was very helpful.   I was wondering if I can make the giant box on the top smaller and change the color. I also had a title on the page that seems to be gone now.  Is there a way to get that to show. I posted a link the the page below, which might be helpful.

awarenessdiet.com/whats-new.html

Thanks again,

Stephanie

William White said:

I think you will find that if you

Create a k2 category "blog"

Set the category, item in category, and item views how you want them to show

Create a menu item and choose k2 category - set it to the category you created

goto k2 paramaters - set comments on for either all or registared whatever you want

If you are only adding items from backend thats it. put a few in and give it a try.

Go back to the category and play with the settings for category, item in category, and item until you get it displaying what you want. You can play with the number of items that show and columns they show in

If you want email notifications - try k2Multinotify at K2joom.com (there are also custom sub templates there that you may like.

If you have problems post a link to what you have done

More
13 years 8 months ago #92576 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Setting up a blog
For the title try the category view options and set title to "show"

The idea is to set a top category, then put categories under it which will all inherit the same layout and template if selected and cut down on all the time it takes to set each category or item just like you want it. If your only doing one category its easy.

If i were going to start changing the way it looks ie:colors or other things, i would consider doing a k2 template

and if i were going to starting changing css i would use onecss4k2. Using these two will let you upgrade k2 without loosing your changes

• Stephanie C
More
13 years 8 months ago #92577 by Stephanie C
Replied by Stephanie C on topic Setting up a blog
I checked, and it is already set for the title to show.  The page title I originally had was one I set for that page in Joomla.  The K2 blog seems to have overwritten what ever was on that page before. It is just a plain title in a green box similar to the ones on the other pages. If there is anyway to put some text above the blog that might work too. I took out that top box, but now it looks even more strange without a title on the top. I am going to leave the css alone for now. 

Thanks,  StephanieWilliam White said:

For the title try the category view options and set title to "show"

The idea is to set a top category, then put categories under it which will all inherit the same layout and template if selected and cut down on all the time it takes to set each category or item just like you want it. If your only doing one category its easy.

If i were going to start changing the way it looks ie:colors or other things, i would consider doing a k2 template

and if i were going to starting changing css i would use onecss4k2. Using these two will let you upgrade k2 without loosing your changes