Keyword

Date incorrectly appearing above title

• Alistair Kent
  • Alistair Kent's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92718 by Alistair Kent
Date incorrectly appearing above title was created by Alistair Kent
Well everything was looking neat and tidy, but I must have done something without realising it because the creation date of my articles is now appearing above the titles (with a gap in between) instead of directly below them?!?

The text detailing my two 'linked' items (under the two ''primary ones) have gone big as well - they were smaller before.

I've tried playing around with the settings for ages but to no avail!

I've also tried to enable/disable the K2 css file, but that doesn't make any difference to the layout (I think this is because I am using template overrides, but not sure how that works, apart from I have had to put soem amended css from that file into the templates custom.css file to make it work)!

Any help appreciated.

www.client-demo-site.co.uk/banking/

Joomla 1.5.22

K2 2.41

'Morph' framework with 'Explorer' Themelet (from joomlaunkie.com)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92719 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Date incorrectly appearing above title
Firstly turn off css compression while you are making layout and css changes. This will make your life a whole lot easier. Secondly use Firefox with Firebug and you will be able to see which css files are being used and edit the css in real-time till you get what you want. Because you are using css compression I could not even tell which css files were being loaded on your site.  I think by default the date does show up above the title.

• Alistair Kent
More
13 years 8 months ago #92720 by Alistair Kent
Replied by Alistair Kent on topic Date incorrectly appearing above title
Thanks Terry, you'r eright - turning off heh compression helped, not sure how, but it did.

I can't see exactly which css file is being used in Firebug, but it looks a version of k2.css (but it's not the one in the component as I've tried changing that and nothing happens). Anyway, what I have been doing is getting the code right using firefox and then copying and pasting the amended code into the template's custom.css file (not sure whether that's the ideal method, but it seems to work - and I'm guessing will preserve teh changes when K2 component gets upgraded?).

I'm nearly there but where I'm getting stuck on the layout is reducing the font size of the heading 'More' and the 'two title links' below (all in the box). I also want to reduce the big gaps above and below them. I just can't get Firebug to help me on this one (???)

More
13 years 8 months ago #92721 by Ibrahim
Replied by Ibrahim on topic Date incorrectly appearing above title
k2 default is to show creation date above the title. If you want to change it you have to change the template files item.php and category_item.php.

• Alistair Kent
More
13 years 8 months ago #92722 by Alistair Kent
Replied by Alistair Kent on topic Date incorrectly appearing above title
Thansk Ibro, the issue isn't the 'created date' anymore, I've got that pretty much how I want it. What I need is the css of the 'links' at the bottom of the page sorting (as mentioned in my last post).

Can anyone help with that?

Ibro said:

k2 default is to show creation date above the title. If you want to change it you have to change the template files item.php and category_item.php.