Keyword

Bug in moving categories

• Ivo Apostolov
  • Ivo Apostolov's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92847 by Ivo Apostolov
Bug in moving categories was created by Ivo Apostolov
I know it sounds weird and generally none is expected to do it that way, but it is not the desired behavior IMO :)

I had a structure like this:

- Category 1

- Category 2

- Category 3

I selected Category 1 and Category 3 and moved them both being sub-categories of Category 2. I expected to have the following structure:

- Category 2

- Category 1

- Category 3

In fact in the database it was like that, with the exception that Category 2 had Category 1 as a parent and therefore no category was displayed in the backend :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92848 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Bug in moving categories
Since the category Id's in the table control the subcategory scheme, i think it would be circular if you did not choose category two and make it a top level or subcategory of something else first!

• Ivo Apostolov
  • Ivo Apostolov's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92849 by Ivo Apostolov
Replied by Ivo Apostolov on topic Bug in moving categories
That's exactly what I am saying :)

The question is, that this either should not be allowed or not the expected behavior ;)
William White said:

Since the category Id's in the table control the subcategory scheme, i think it would be circular if you did not choose category two and make it a top level or subcategory of something else first!

More
13 years 8 months ago #92850 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Bug in moving categories
Then we are in agreement! If we throw that at excel or open office spreadsheet we get an error....mabee they will add error checking to the pick category pull down in the future....Not simple though as multiple test would need to be run, because we may not be moving it to a top level.