Keyword

add attachment size limit

• walrathlew
  • walrathlew's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92878 by walrathlew
add attachment size limit was created by walrathlew
I have added pdf file attachments up to 2.3 Mb, but when I try to add a pdf of 11.3Mb the attachment seems to time out, the item content is there, but the attachment never gets loaded. www.ctwa.org is the url. maxupload size is set to 256 Mb. and Joomla maximum file size is set to 20000000.

Am I missing another setting that limits the size or time for adding attachments to and item?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92879 by william white
Replied by william white on topic add attachment size limit
Try changing your php max_execution_time  variable to much higher than it is currently

• walrathlew
More
13 years 8 months ago #92880 by walrathlew
Replied by walrathlew on topic add attachment size limit
William White said:
Try changing your php max_execution_time  variable to much higher than it is currently

Thanks William,  I am still looking for a place to put php max_execution_time. I tried .htaccess but that caused the site to not load. I tried adding a php.ini file and adding that variable to it, but that made no change. I am just starting to learn Joomla and K2, so i am still learning the ropes.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92881 by william white
Replied by william white on topic add attachment size limit
Try php_max_execution_time {value} in .htaccess

Larry Walrath said:

William White said:

Thanks William,  I am still looking for a place to put php max_execution_time. I tried .htaccess but that caused the site to not load. I tried adding a php.ini file and adding that variable to it, but that made no change. I am just starting to learn Joomla and K2, so i am still learning the ropes.

• walrathlew
More
13 years 8 months ago #92882 by walrathlew
Replied by walrathlew on topic add attachment size limit
I added combinations of the following, but when i point a browser to the url i get an internal server error respons.

the php version is reported to be 5.2.14

php_value upload_max_filesize 20M php_value post_max_size 20M php_value max_execution_time 200 php_value max_input_time 200

It now appears that I do not have access to change any of the php_value variables. That 11Mb pdf was to big anyway. Thanks for the help 

William White said:

Try php_max_execution_time {value} in .htaccess
Larry Walrath said:
William White said: