Keyword

Download attachment in K2 doesnt work if sh404sef is on ?

• Johnnie Kazija
  • Johnnie Kazija's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92886 by Johnnie Kazija
hi,within K2 items if trying to download an attachment I get some times very weird results, if I turn off the sh404sef the download attachments works how it supposed to?for example:if you go to www.angelina.hr/yacht-charter/sailing-yachts/x-41-one-design-2007.htm and try to download the first attachment in the lower part of the site you get this link:http://www.angelina.hr/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=download&id=33with an error: [url=http://Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/adriatic/public_html/angelina.hr/components/com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php on line 116]Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/adriatic/public_html/angelina.hr/components/com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php on line 116[/url]not all of the attachment trigger this result but they are mostly the same...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92887 by Mark Law
Hi Johnnie, I think unfortunately this is a known bug with K2 and sh404sef - attachments don't work, when pages are paginated I think.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon. Meanwhile use the default Joomla sef urls and / or 'skip' K2 in your sh404sef settings

• Johnnie Kazija
More
13 years 8 months ago #92888 by Johnnie Kazija
thats exactly what I did for now, anyway thanks for your response...

Mark Law said:
Hi Johnnie, I think unfortunately this is a known bug with K2 and sh404sef - attachments don't work, when pages are paginated I think.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon. Meanwhile use the default Joomla sef urls and / or 'skip' K2 in your sh404sef settings

More
13 years 8 months ago #92889 by Wire Creative
I'm having this problem, too, on a new site, but it worked fine on a site I built during the summer.

Also, this is not a consistent problem. I've just added 5 items, each one with a pdf attachment. One of the attachments, for the first page I built, opens fine, but the other 4 all give this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../public_html/components/com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php on line 116

After which the page tries to stream the pdf file as bunch of text code.

• Johnnie Kazija
More
13 years 8 months ago #92890 by Johnnie Kazija
Yeah its the same problem, some work some dont. just go like Mark Law said into configuration options of sh404sef and then int the 4th row within K2 options choose use component core plugin instead of use "sh404 plugin" and then the problem is gone....

wirecreative said:
I'm having this problem, too, on a new site, but it worked fine on a site I built during the summer.

Also, this is not a consistent problem. I've just added 5 items, each one with a pdf attachment. One of the attachments, for the first page I built, opens fine, but the other 4 all give this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../public_html/components/com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php on line 116

After which the page tries to stream the pdf file as bunch of text code.

More
13 years 6 months ago #92891 by Stefan Wendhausen
Replied by Stefan Wendhausen on topic Download attachment in K2 doesnt work if sh404sef is on ?
Hi k2 and sh404 users.

is there a solution for this problem?

anyone?

Thanks a lot.

More
13 years 6 months ago #92892 by Stefan Wendhausen
Replied by Stefan Wendhausen on topic Download attachment in K2 doesnt work if sh404sef is on ?
find this solution.

dev.anything-digital.com/Forum/?topic=6682.msg27033

works fine, may K2 can verify and take into code.

Stefan Wendhausen said:

Hi k2 and sh404 users.

is there a solution for this problem?

anyone?

Thanks a lot.

• Bryant West Pty Ltd
More
13 years 6 months ago #92893 by Bryant West Pty Ltd
Replied by Bryant West Pty Ltd on topic Download attachment in K2 doesnt work if sh404sef is on ?
Hi, I'm having the same issue.I tried the fix as above with the code found in the link... but this didn't work for me.I did what Johnnie Kazija suggested in his thread above (configuration options of sh404sef and then int the 4th row within K2 options choose use component core plugin instead of use "sh404 plugin") and this works.Is there going to be a proper fix for this?I'm using K2 ver 2.4.1 and sh404sef 

• Rutger van den Berg
More
13 years 6 months ago #92894 by Rutger van den Berg
Replied by Rutger van den Berg on topic Download attachment in K2 doesnt work if sh404sef is on ?
Hi, same issue here. The fix works partly.

My sh404sef url is index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=download&id=22. This doesn't work.

However, when I manually type index2.php instead of index.php in the browser address bar it works. I suppose that this is what the fix is meant to do, but it doesn't return the right url (with index2.php).

Any ideas how I might get this to work?

• Tomasz Bieliński
More
13 years 4 months ago #92895 by Tomasz Bieliński
Replied by Tomasz Bieliński on topic Download attachment in K2 doesnt work if sh404sef is on ?
Hi,

I'm using K2 ver 2.4.1 and sh404sef  2.2.5.964. I tried the fix as above with the code found in the link... but this didn't work for me also. I had to turn off sh404SEF for K2 -  to enable proper PDF files download.

Is there a fix for this issue?