• Joe Peifer's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92905 by Joe Peifer
Here's my setup...

Joomla v1.5.22 + RocketTheme (panacea) + K2 v2.4.1

The development site is found at...

dev.cloistertax.com

Problem...

RocketTheme has a sleek Ajax-based search tool that they've incorporated into the theme.  K2 articles are included in the search results yielded by this search tool.  The problem is, when a K2 article is selected from the resulting list of search hits the user is transported back to the home page of the site.  At least that's what it seems like at first glance.  What I've found is that the K2 article actually does show up BELOW all of the published components on the site's main page.

Unfortunately this just won't work since I can't expect a typical user to think of scrolling down, past all the published components to view the article content.

For testing purposes I've placed articles on this site using both the native Joomla article editor and using K2.  Take a look at how an Joomla article is rendered correctly after being selected from the search results, and how a K2 article is rendered.

Joomla Article:

Search Keyword = estatetax10

K2 Article:

Search Keyword = loremipsum

Any help in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joe Peifer
More
13 years 8 months ago #92906 by Joe Peifer
As a follow-up... I believe the issue lies in how the URL pointing to the K2 article is crafted.

Here's what I expect to see when I select a K2 article from the search results...

www.dev.cloistertax.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3:bonus-depreciation-2010&Itemid=41&lang=en

Here's what I actually get...

www.dev.cloistertax.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3%3Abonus-depreciation-2010&lang=en

More
13 years 8 months ago #92907 by william white
Mabee you should turn off the content modules showing up in the positions below the slideshow and above the content area everywhere except the home page - just a guess

• Joe Peifer
More
13 years 8 months ago #92908 by Joe Peifer
William... good guess; however, I looked at the components that are appearing above the K2 article content and find that they're only selected to appear on the "Home" page.  Unfortunately I can't disable those components and there's no way to limit them any more because they actually only show up on the main page.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92909 by gazdog01
Iv'e got this exact same problem. Anybody got any answers.

On my site the K2 content module has a list of articles. Once clicked it take you back to the homepage and placed the article under a module published on the homepage!?

Cheers

• Joe Peifer
More
13 years 7 months ago #92910 by Joe Peifer
I never resolved this issue to my complete satisfaction, but was able to manage a work-around by modifying the .htaccess file.  I described what I did here...

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=383&t=121637&rb_v=viewtopic

More
13 years 7 months ago #92911 by gazdog01
Thanks, I will have a look into changng this now. Seems strange this has not been noticed before!? Had a good google and can't seem to find any answers?! Oh well,  thanks again.

Joe Peifer said:

I never resolved this issue to my complete satisfaction, but was able to manage a work-around by modifying the .htaccess file.  I described what I did here...

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=383&t=121637&r...