Keyword

K2 - template switch on k2 category with sef404

• left19
  • left19's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92942 by left19
I'm wracking my brain on this one.

I need to show particular k2 categories with default template (ja purity) and others with japurity2, japurity3, etc. (mini sites within joomla).

Here are some issues:

1. using standard template switch/assign in joomla 1.5, ie: menu assigned use this template, not an issue. it works.

2. add sef404 urls, and it's broken (only shows on first page of the section)

3. tried metatemplate to overcome, but syntax is wrong and can't get that to work.

tried a bunch of other things, like SM2 template component, but that changes all k2 areas, not just the one I want.

does anyone have a solution for how to get sef404 to work with template assignments using k2?

I also have JUMI but I don't have a clue on it.

Would use, something like *if this url contains /this-category (and it's sub cats and articles, assign template beez else do nothing, but don't know how to form that using k2.

Anyone used sefadvanced with k2?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92943 by Alan Sparkes
Replied by Alan Sparkes on topic K2 - template switch on k2 category with sef404
Sounds like the SeF component can't get the template assigned to menu itemid
Might be idea to check with vendor for support for template assignment on item ids.
Could try AceSEF alternate.
Sounds like you have a small multi site scenario ?

If you are changing templates to get 'new site' - ie show different k2 category in new design mods and menus etc - then you could achieve this with one template and some code in the header to detect K2 cats (and their parent id) and switch designs before output is rendered.
Interesting challenge!

• left19
More
13 years 8 months ago #92944 by left19
Yes, just tried ACE. ACE does better here than sef404. But the next challenge will be the search. I might use part of that suggestion for the search limiting. Now when you search you get the pages for that area but without a proper template. another challenge! (that's killing me :) )

Can you give me a sample php for header ie: detect k2 and catid=211, then do this

that yould be wonderful.

Alan Sparkes said:

Sounds like the SeF component can't get the template assigned to menu itemid Might be idea to check with vendor for support for template assignment on item ids.
Could try AceSEF alternate.

If you are changing templates to get 'new site' - ie show different k2 category in new design mods and menus etc - then you could achieve this with one template and some code in the header to detect K2 cats (and their parent id) and switch designs before output is rendered.
Interesting challenge!

• left19
More
13 years 8 months ago #92945 by left19
ok got it using metatemplate. Thanks for your help. Metatemplate makes it so that thetemplate is always there based on whatever directory it ends up at and works with K2

left19 said:
Yes, just tried ACE. ACE does better here than sef404. But the next challenge will be the search. I might use part of that suggestion for the search limiting. Now when you search you get the pages for that area but without a proper template. another challenge! (that's killing me :) )

Can you give me a sample php for header ie: detect k2 and catid=211, then do this

that yould be wonderful.

Alan Sparkes said:

Sounds like the SeF component can't get the template assigned to menu itemid Might be idea to check with vendor for support for template assignment on item ids. Could try AceSEF alternate.

Interesting challenge!

More
13 years 8 months ago #92946 by Alan Sparkes
Replied by Alan Sparkes on topic K2 - template switch on k2 category with sef404
If you want search limiting to specific 'templates' or subsite then JXFinder lets you create custom filters for content which should restrict your output to chosen filters (ie K2 cats).

Glad you found a way
left19 said:

ok got it using metatemplate. Thanks for your help. Metatemplate makes it so that thetemplate is always there based on whatever directory it ends up at and works with K2
left19 said:

that yould be wonderful.

Alan Sparkes said:

Sounds like the SeF component can't get the template assigned to menu itemid Might be idea to check with vendor for support for template assignment on item ids. Could try AceSEF alternate. Sounds like you have a small multi site scenario ?

Interesting challenge!

• left19
More
13 years 8 months ago #92947 by left19
Thanks for that tip on JXFinder!