Keyword

Suggestions for moving from J! content to K2 - SEF etc

• Ruth Cheesley
  • Ruth Cheesley's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #93039 by Ruth Cheesley
Hi all,

Just wondered if I could get some ideas of best practice from you all before I go venturing off into the fun world of moving sites and SEF.

I've got a client who has in the region of 5,000 articles in Joomla! default articles.

Task 1 = move these all to K2 (imported beautifully)

Task 2 = redirect old com_content URL's to new com_k2 - how?

Task 3 = Task 2 on steroids .. redirect old J! com_content URL's to new K2 SEF'd URL's ?

Once I figure out all the above they then want to change the domain name too :o

Ruth

Ruth Cheesley
Virya Technologies

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #93040 by Jiliko.net
Hi Ruth,

I'm already working on task 2 & 3 for a client. I hope to give a positive answer tomorrow.

Regards,

Olivier

More
13 years 8 months ago #93041 by Jiliko.net
Hi Ruth,

When you have imported Joomla! content to K2, your Ké items table was empty ?

I ask that because the K2 import function only preserves content id if the K2 items table is empty.

I've started to develop a Joomla! plugin that redirects Joomla content URLS to K2 item URLS based on same id. It works great.

I'm trying now to work with content category/section urls redirection. The problem is that ids are not preserved so i'm searching a way to link content sections/categories with K2 categories.

I think to use the alias which seems to be the same. The other way would be to work with the Itemid but i'm not sure people keep the same menu items and just change the type from content to K2.

Olivier

More
13 years 8 months ago #93042 by Barry Rickert
Replied by Barry Rickert on topic Suggestions for moving from J! content to K2 - SEF etc
Olivier: How are you coming along with this. Are you going to share your extension?

More
13 years 8 months ago #93043 by Jiliko.net
Hi Barry,

Sorry, i've posted it on another discussion : community.getk2.org/forum/topics/after-k2-installation-google?commentId=3536014:Comment:163443

It works on Nuno's website as he has kept the same menu structure, imported Joomla articles in K2 contents (there must not be K2 items before importing to keep ids)

If you're in another configuration, let me know.

Hope it will help you.

Olivier
Barry Rickert said:

Olivier: How are you coming along with this. Are you going to share your extension?

More
13 years 8 months ago #93044 by Barry Rickert
Replied by Barry Rickert on topic Suggestions for moving from J! content to K2 - SEF etc
I have kept everything but already imported to K2 all articles. I could remove them and start over. I will also move to the new post. Thanks

Olivier Nolbert said:
Hi Barry,

Sorry, i've posted it on another discussion : community.getk2.org/forum/topics/after-k2-installation-googl...

It works on Nuno's website as he has kept the same menu structure, imported Joomla articles in K2 contents (there must not be K2 items before importing to keep ids)

If you're in another configuration, let me know.

Hope it will help you.

Olivier Barry Rickert said:

More
13 years 8 months ago #93045 by Jiliko.net
Barry,

This plugin works for SEF urls.

And you don't have to import again if you have imported with an empty K2 items table the first time...

Regards,

Olivier

• Ruth Cheesley
More
13 years 8 months ago #93046 by Ruth Cheesley
Replied by Ruth Cheesley on topic Suggestions for moving from J! content to K2 - SEF etc
Definitely interested, I imported from Joomla! with a blank K2 setup (from what I recall) but it's not a problem to redirect them if needs be.  Would be a hugely useful addition to K2 :)

Ruth

Olivier Nolbert said:

Barry,

This plugin works for SEF urls.

And you don't have to import again if you have imported with an empty K2 items table the first time...

Regards,

Olivier

Ruth Cheesley
Virya Technologies

• Ruth Cheesley
More
13 years 6 months ago #93047 by Ruth Cheesley
Replied by Ruth Cheesley on topic Suggestions for moving from J! content to K2 - SEF etc
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Olivier for helping me this morning with the plugin which redirects from com_content to com_k2.  It's really great to know that there are people in the community willing to help each other out!  As soon as the site is live I'll post it up on the forum :)

Ruth

Ruth Cheesley
Virya Technologies

More
13 years 1 month ago #93048 by Manuel Diaz
What about REDJ, the little extension that allows to create redirections. Anybody ever used that?

www.sistemistica.it/redj.html