Keyword

Module display different in Category view from Item view

• Tim Miller
  • Tim Miller's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #93061 by Tim Miller
Hey All,

I have a menu item that is a category view an d lists all the items in that category, along with the modules I've chosen for that menu.

However, when I click to go to any one item, the modules are not shown...This works in the core. 

Besides making a separate menu item for each K2 item and mapping the modules, how can I keep modules displaying inside an item view of a category listing?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #93062 by Terry Britton
With a standard configuration what you are asking for should work. Are you using a SEF other than the Joomla SEF. If so try turning it off and see if the modules work properly.Also, provide a link to your website if that's not the problem.

• Tim Miller
  • Tim Miller's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #93063 by Tim Miller
No problem,

visualedge.biz/dfwcgi2/portfolio/by-project-type/mission-critical/broadcast.html

It's a simple K2 category list in the menu options. However, when selecting one item in the list, the modules are not displayed...I'll try to find where they are, to see if there is a comparison.

Terry A Britton said:

With a standard configuration what you are asking for should work. Are you using a SEF other than the Joomla SEF. If so try turning it off and see if the modules work properly.Also, provide a link to your website if that's not the problem.

More
13 years 8 months ago #93064 by Terry Britton
The link to your site does not work. Did you try turning off the SEF to see if it works?

When you go to an item page the url (with sef off) should look like the following. The important part in regards to modules is the Itemid=165. That is the itemid of the menu link. The itemid for the category and each item in the category should be the same. Again, K2 should work this way automatically so something is messing it up. Possibly SEF.

www.pinballrehab.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3:testing-3&Itemid=165

More
13 years 7 months ago #93065 by Terry Britton
Joel, what you are describing should work as long as the articles don't have a menu link to them. Turn off all sef and check the url's. The important part is the itemid. It correlates to the menu number and determines what modules are displayed. Check the category and the article. They should both have an itemid and they should both be the same.

/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3:testing-3&Itemid=165

More
13 years 7 months ago #93066 by Terry Britton
I don't use sh404sef. I would would try the sh404sef forum.