• Smart Guy Computing's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #93087 by Smart Guy Computing
Simple formatting question for ANYONE.. was created by Smart Guy Computing
How would I make THIS page;

www.smartguy.us/index.php/dev

Look more like this page?

demo.getk2.org/en/categories

On the K2 Demo page above it looks like there are two columns on the right?? In Joomla I would normally insert a "container' module of some sort in position "right" to get that effect, BUT- it looks like there are TWO right columns. Is there a simple explanation to achieve this look?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #93088 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Simple formatting question for ANYONE..
Hi.

Your link is giving me a 404 so I can't see your site but the K2 Demo page uses a template that accommodates 2 right columns (actually, it's most likely Main + Left + Right).

Most of the 3rd party templates or frameworks give you the ability to do this, if it's not in the template you have then you'd have to modify the layout of the template and add that new position + appropriate CSS to create that look.  If your not a CSS wizz, then it could be a big project...

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Smart Guy Computing
  • Smart Guy Computing's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #93089 by Smart Guy Computing
Replied by Smart Guy Computing on topic Simple formatting question for ANYONE..
Aaaaahhhh.. thanks! OK now that makes sense now. CSS is one of my strongpoints so I will tackle it. Sorry about the 404. I mistakenly unpublished that article (because it was for testing purposes) and forgot (duhhh) that I had linked to it in this question..

Cheers!

Olivier Karfis said:

Hi.

Your link is giving me a 404 so I can't see your site but the K2 Demo page uses a template that accommodates 2 right columns (actually, it's most likely Main + Left + Right).

Most of the 3rd party templates or frameworks give you the ability to do this, if it's not in the template you have then you'd have to modify the layout of the template and add that new position + appropriate CSS to create that look.  If your not a CSS wizz, then it could be a big project...

--Olivier