Keyword

Error (time out) when uploading image in item

• canderson
  • canderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93184 by canderson
Trying to upload images I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/witf/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 4480

I am uploading with the IMAGE tab along with the EXTRA FIELDS, etc. tabs in the item panel.

The image sizes are fairly large, but my server can usually handle them no problem. Any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93185 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Error (time out) when uploading image in item
K2 does a lot of processing of uploaded images for cached image etc.  Try a small image and see if that works.

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93186 by canderson
Replied by canderson on topic Error (time out) when uploading image in item
Yeah, it works with smaller images. Just wandering if there was any setting to stop that issue. No worries if not.

Another question (I can make a new topic if need-be): How can I eliminate the FEATURED banner that appears in the rop-right of K2 featured articles? I'd like to eliminate that and can't find the code line within the K2 css for some reason.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93187 by Terry Britton
Your server configuration (max_execution_time) is probably set at 30 seconds (the default).  Create a file in your webserver root, name it phpinfo.php and put the following in it. Browse to that page and then look for max_execution_time. If you need to increase it check with your host provider on how to change it in php.ini.
<span style="color: #000000;"><span style="color: #0000bb;">&lt;?php</span><span style="color: #ff8000;"><br/></span><span style="color: #0000bb;">phpinfo</span><span style="color: #007700;">();</span><span style="color: #007700;"><br/></span><span style="color: #0000bb;">?&gt;</span></span>

You can set the display of featured articles in the backend in the categories section under item view and category item view.

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93188 by canderson
Thank you for that!

Re: Featured articles. That's not exactly what I meant, sorry for phrasing poorly.

If you look here (www.witf.info/on-air/witf-a-z/smart-talk) you'll see red FEATURED tabs in the top right of some of the articles. I want to get rid of that icon yet keep those items featured (they are featured for a module on the home page). I'm using purely K2. I played with Firebug and found the individual item CSS code but can't find it for a category page. Any idea on that front?

Thanks once again. K2 is Joomla's savior imo.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93189 by Terry Britton
In your K2.css line 125 remove background: url("../images/system/featuredItem.png") no-repeat scroll 100% 0 transparent;

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93190 by canderson
Terry, thank you! No idea why I couldn't find that line within firebug but that eliminated the feature flag both on the main cat page and on the article page. Brilliant. Thanks once again.