Keyword

Item Spacing in Category View, Can it be Changed?

• Roger Edrinn
  • Roger Edrinn's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93205 by Roger Edrinn
I've set the Category View of my K2 Items to 3 columns by however many items I'm displaying on a page, works great. I'm using the default mode and I do not have any other category templates to select.

Is there a way within K2 to increase the Item to Item space? Currently about 5 pixels, would like 10-15 pixels.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93206 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Item Spacing in Category View, Can it be Changed?
You'll have to modify the css. Get Firefox and Firebug and play around with it. Each item will be in a div and you can set the padding-top on the div to get the seperation you want.

• Roger Edrinn
More
13 years 7 months ago #93207 by Roger Edrinn
Replied by Roger Edrinn on topic Item Spacing in Category View, Can it be Changed?
Thanks Terry,

Actually it is the side-to-side spacing which is to close. Lots of room top and bottom. Do you happen to know the css file name and where it's located? Just what does Firebug do, never heard of it? I use Vim for editing, if the search term is like padding-side, it'll be easy to find.

Thanks

More
13 years 7 months ago #93208 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Item Spacing in Category View, Can it be Changed?
Firebug is a plugin for firefox that allows you to inspect and modify the css on the fly. Then all you have to do is move the changes over to your css file. It's very cool and well worth learning. In regards to the side to side spacing it could be padding or it could be width. The file is K2.css. If you're using templage overrides it will be in your template directory otherwise it will be in the K2 directory.

I don't use the column layout so I'm not sure what the div is, but you can easily find it with Firebug.

• Roger Edrinn
More
13 years 7 months ago #93209 by Roger Edrinn
Replied by Roger Edrinn on topic Item Spacing in Category View, Can it be Changed?
Well, Firebug sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a go in the morning when I have a clear head. I'll let you know.

Thanks