Keyword

Problem with Templating: Menu Links and Category Links are different

• Jens Weidemann
  • Jens Weidemann's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93247 by Jens Weidemann
Hello,

i realy have a strongly problem. I searched for this since many hours; but i dont find a Solution. So I hope somone can help me here. I can also give Links if its needed.

I have a 2-Path-Main-Menü like

Main-menu-Item1,Main-menu-Item 2, Main-menu-Item3

and all 3 of this are displayed with a different Template, involved over the standart Joomla Template Manager; standart Template is Menü-Item 1.

Under Menu-Item3 are also 3 Submenu-Items as Single K2Catgory-views, with K2Items.

Main-menu-Item 3 is linked to a Multi-Category view, displaying the 3 submenü Items.

The different Template works, if I use the Menü to go to this pages.

But if I use the (main-menu-Item 3->)Category Link from a K2Item in the Multi-Category-view, the Template doesnt work and its a different URL. The Submenu is also hidden from the Menu, because the Main-Menu-Item is not active.

The Same Problem with K2Items in the Submenu-single-Categories-view. If I clicked one "readmore" he lost the navigation (the submenu is hidden) and he dont take the Template.

Since view hours iam seaching for this Problem.If i use the Main- and Submenu i can see in the URL that the system leave the Main-Menu to the next URL and the Template works. If i cicked to a K2Category, which is the same page as the submenu, he isnt leaving the main-menü-Item in the URL and so the template-manager doesnt work. I have the same Problem with all K2Items, if i clicked them they will displayed in default template and the Main-Menu isnt active.

Is there a way to Synchronize the Submenu-Links, with the Category-Links? They show the same content. Is there also a way to tell the Template Manager to work over Kategories or K2Items. Or another way: is there a possibility to leave the Main-MenuItem in the following URL's?

Thx for any answer and sry for the bad english; iam german ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93248 by Olivier Karfis
Hi.

Are you using sh404 or any other SEF?

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Jens Weidemann
More
13 years 7 months ago #93249 by Jens Weidemann
No I don't.

Iam still try to find a solution for this..

More
13 years 7 months ago #93250 by BBC
I have same problem. Despite i use template override for all categories, and non of them use K2 default k2.css file. (i see in the source that K2 default CSS is called for mixed menu link)

Try to ask author of CSS overrride plugin. If you are talknig about K2 templating.

• Jens Weidemann
More
13 years 7 months ago #93251 by Jens Weidemann
Could be a way.

The best option for me is to change the tenplate in this position in category-item.php

<div class="catItemCategory"> <a href="<?php echo $this->item->category->link; ?>"><?php echo $this->item->category->name; ?></a> </div>

Is there a way to put the generated menulink at this position? I try to understand how the menu-links are generatd, but i cant find this in the php-files. Does anybody know where i can find the code for the menu-links?

thx for the answers.

• Jens Weidemann
More
13 years 7 months ago #93252 by Jens Weidemann
Noone an idea?!