Keyword

Invention tracking system - How to do it with K2

• radha kota
  • radha kota's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93261 by radha kota
Hi Simon,

Here is the system I am trying to build.  So far my question/request remains unanswered in all the joomla forums.  Can you suggest a solution with K2?

I am trying to design an invention tracking system.An Invention would belong to a sub-category among the following categories.  subject (physics, medicine) , age of the inventor(<10, 10-20,20-30..), country (USA, UK.........)etc .    An Invention would have a title, web link, date invented, patent status etc.    and many news articles & interviews related to that invention.Using k2 I can create categories and subcategories and even a page with the invention details.   But I don't how to  add many articles and news items for that invention.  Is there a way to link multiple articles to a parent article.  I want to just list the  articles (with a summary view) with a "read more" link.  I thought of using  'comments' to post the news articles but comments would display the entire news item rather than just listing the title.  What I am looking for is 'related stories'  similar to what you see in the following

reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2010-audi-s4/4505-10865_7-33770299.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93262 by BBC
Search for "Tags". So can man make related articles. There are modules for that also.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.