Keyword

Create new view from generic tag list

• AndreasDA
  • AndreasDA's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93268 by AndreasDA
Create new view from generic tag list was created by AndreasDA
Hi everbody,

i wonder how it's possible to create a new (or better a second) view from the existing tag list .

Which files must be copied and renamed and in what files i have to change some of the code to get it work. 

Thanks for your help !

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AndreasDA
More
13 years 7 months ago #93269 by AndreasDA
Replied by AndreasDA on topic Create new view from generic tag list
Sry if i'm impatient...but anyone?

More
13 years 7 months ago #93270 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Create new view from generic tag list
If you're talking about the view when you click on a tag it's generic.php. The same file is used for search and user lists so any changes will also affect them. Not sure what you mean about second view. If you're talking about creating a copy of template files so you're not editing the core files you can use k2 template overrides.

Please don't bump, it actually keeps many people from responding to your question so it is self defeating. Instead you should consider that your question was really not clear in regards to what you are looking for.

• AndreasDA
More
13 years 7 months ago #93271 by AndreasDA
Ok, thanks for your reply.

let me explain the issue further: I use the Tag-ItemList (generic) to display a group of article.

Now i like to display a second group in the same way but with a complete different layout (more columns, showing some information from extrafields a.s.o)

For my problem I need two different customized views. Therefore, it is not enough to override the standart layout. Instead i like to copy the taglist to f.e. to taglist2 .... and my question is how can i do this.

I hope I have expressed myself more clearly.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93272 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Create new view from generic tag list
Much better, thank you. What will determine which view you use? Will it be the tag - "tag1" goes to taglist1 and "tag2" goes to taglist2?

• AndreasDA
More
13 years 7 months ago #93273 by AndreasDA
No i think that is much to complicated, it should be possible to choose the view in the menu-area of the backend.
Now you can choose between Cat-, Tag-, or User-Layout i need a fourth one named f.e. "Tag2Layout(View)". And this one should be nearly (some customized code) the same as the standard Taglayout(view).
But now I'm trying a different way. I'm trying to do the work complete in css with a page specific class.
I only fear that this is much more work because I have to place some div.tags in every (ok only 71) introtext. 

Terry A Britton said:
Much better, thank you. What will determine which view you use? Will it be the tag - "tag1" goes to taglist1 and "tag2" goes to taglist2?

• AndreasDA
More
13 years 7 months ago #93274 by AndreasDA
no one an idea ?