Keyword

Is this possible... Hiding an "extra field - per tab"

• Philip Hendrickx
  • Philip Hendrickx's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #93321 by Philip Hendrickx
Hi all,

I've got this problem for a client of me...

I'am trying to setup a "JA Filter for K2 Extrafields", all is working well but...

I also have the plugin: K2 tabber Pro

Is it possible to "publish" an extra field but not view it on the front-end ?

I only want to "search" these hidden field(s) not view them in my item.

For example...

Extra fields:   MORE INFO  -  ADRESS  -  DETAIL  - (*hidden "DESTINATION")  -  
(*hidden "DURATION")

So to be short... is it possible to hide (not unpublish!) some extra fields (tabs)?

Thanx in advance for any feedback !

Grtz,

Phill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #93322 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Is this possible... Hiding an "extra field - per tab"
The simplest way to hide an extra field in a specific view may be to use a k2 override, and either in item.php or cagory_item.php, whichever is appropriate for your view go into the file where the extrafield name and extra field value is displayed and put an if statement around the display code to test if the fieldname=somevalue

phpif fieldname != {your value}

let the routine run

phpendif

something like that

More
13 years 8 months ago #93323 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Is this possible... Hiding an "extra field - per tab"
this code is not exactly what you want, but may help with the process

William White said:
The simplest way to hide an extra field in a specific view may be to use a k2 override, and either in item.php or cagory_item.php, whichever is appropriate for your view go into the file where the extrafield name and extra field value is displayed and put an if statement around the display code to test if the fieldname=somevalue

let the routine run

phpendif

something like that
Attachments:

• Philip Hendrickx
  • Philip Hendrickx's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #93324 by Philip Hendrickx
Replied by Philip Hendrickx on topic Is this possible... Hiding an "extra field - per tab"
Thank you William for this quick answer,

However, can you explain a little more detailed ?

My PHP skill's are rated: 6/10

To be a little more specific, I want to hide 3 tabs, I can see in the source code of the item.php these tabs :

<!-- Tabs Menu -->

<ul class="simpleTabsNavigation">

<li id="Bestemming"><a href="javascript: void();">Bestemming</a></li>

<li id="Projectinformatie"><a href="javascript: void();">Projectinformatie</a></li>

<li id="Je rol als vrijwilliger"><a href="javascript: void();">Je rol als vrijwilliger</a></li>

<li id="Accommodatie"><a href="javascript: void();">Accommodatie</a></li>

<li id="Prijzen en startdata"><a href="javascript: void();">Prijzen en startdata</a></li>

<li id="Voorwaarden"><a href="javascript: void();">Voorwaarden</a></li>

</ul>

So I want to hide for example only these 3 tabs: "Bestemming" , "Accommodatie" , "Voorwaarden". And show only the others... "Projectinformatie" , " Je rol als vrijwilliger" , "Prijzen en data".

What code do I need to add to item.php (no need for category_item, just want this on item only)

Also important, the tabs to hide are all the same name so I can put them directly in the item.php file.

Can you help ? 

Many thanx !

Grtz !

William White said:

let the routine run

phpendif

something like that

More
13 years 8 months ago #93325 by william white
You are working within the tabs, the same sort of code should work, but have to be in a different place. I havent done this. See Friend request and pm me

More
13 years 2 months ago #93326 by buiak
I have the same issue, trying to make some extrafields not to be displayed. I have an extrafield with a parameter need it for a plugin, and I don't need it to display it's value. Anyone can help ?!