Keyword

Try to show some items from different categories on a start page with different sizes for pictures

• Bernd Hofinger
  • Bernd Hofinger's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93327 by Bernd Hofinger
Hello everyone!

My problem is the following: I have two categories: "sport" and "culture" and i have a startpage, maybe in english i have to say "frontpage".

On the startpage i want to show only "important" articles from the two categories. I think I can do this by the setting: "only show featuered items". I want that the picture-size of the items on the startpage is different to the picture-size in the categories.

I tried to do it in two different ways:

The first way was: I made a main category for the two categories and tried to make different settings in this main-category. (I want that the picture-size of the items on the startpage is different to the picture-size in the subcategories)

The second way, which I was trying was: I just made the link to the startpage and there I selected the two categories. (where is written: if you select more than on category, you can make the settings directly there).

Both ways didnt´t work. I am not able to change  the size of the pictures on the startpage, so that it is different to the size of the pictures in the subcategories. The pictures on the startpage always have the same size as the pictures in the (sub)categories. Am I Trying something, that is not possible in K2 or  is there something wrong with my template?  I would be very happy if someone has an idea!

Lg Bernd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93328 by Jiliko.net
Hi Bernd,

It seems to be a problem with K2. There's a related topic here : community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-category-item-layout

Problem submitted to the K2 developers.

REgards,

Olivier

• Bernd Hofinger
  • Bernd Hofinger's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93329 by Bernd Hofinger
Hi Olivier! Thank you for your quick reply and for showing me, that this is not a "local" problem on my installation! But it is still hard for me to imagine that such a good and complex thing like K2 has such a bug. If this is a bug, the setting where is written: "if you select more than one category, you can make the settings directly there" were completely without any funktion.

Thanks a lot

Bernd