Keyword

I need help with "Latest by Author" configuration

• dsa787
  • dsa787's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93330 by dsa787
Hi

I am trying to get the Latest by Author to work with Author Alias.

It works with Author real name but if I use the alias, a blank spot appears on the page where the rest of the Author's other articles are to show.

Please see the attached example.

Thank  you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93331 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic I need help with "Latest by Author" configuration
I presume you are editing the template file for the mod_k2_tools to use username instead of name.  I just tried this on my site and it works fine. I changed line 26 in authors.php from <?php echo $author->name; ?> to <?php echo $author->username; ?>.  I also changed the title and alt for the image on lines 20 and 21.

Just a little friendly advice, the clearer the question and the circumstances around it (like which file you changed, what change you made, etc.) the more likely someone will respond to a post. 

• dsa787
More
13 years 7 months ago #93332 by dsa787
Terry,

Actually this is not what I am trying to do. I am publishing K2 items for other authors from the backend as a super admin. Say I have couple of authors, Joe and Jane, that I have articles from. I create a new item and copy/paste the text in the article, attach pictures, etc. Then on the item's right hand side there is a section called "Author & Publishing Status" - in it there are couple of fields: 1. Author and 2. Author Alias. The Author field picks up my superadmin name. In the Author Alias field I put the name of the real author, say Joe. Then say I have created 5 items (articles) for Joe using the Author Alias field, then when I go to the front end there is a section under the item (article) that says Latest from Author. The issue I have is this section is blank when Author Alias is used in other words it doesn't pick the 4 other items (articles) that I published for Joe author.

Could you please help given the additional information.

Thank you

More
13 years 7 months ago #93333 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic I need help with "Latest by Author" configuration
Thanks for the good explanation.  I've searched K2 forum and from what I can see the author alias doesn't work and I didn't find a solution.  You could probably hack the php and get it working.  The other option would be to use the author field for these other people.  The user has to be set as a Joomla author to show up in the select field.

• dsa787
More
13 years 7 months ago #93334 by dsa787
Thank you for your help. I could make new accounts although that it's a lot more work especially if I'm not publishing too many articles for the same author. Then of course the alternative is the php hack which I can't do and need to pay someone to do for me. Not the best option at the moment.

Thanks again