Keyword

css4k2 - changing style sheets

• James Stacey
  • James Stacey's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93379 by James Stacey
css4k2 - changing style sheets was created by James Stacey
I have two categories with custom style sheets.  

I disabled the default k2css.

Everything seems to be working, then 1 of the categories stops pulling its style sheet, and reverts to my joomla template css. 

The funny thing is, the category is for a blog page and all customs styling seem to be present on entry page, but the styling disappears when you enter some of the  articles.  

Not sure what I've done wrong here, I would really appreciate some help with this.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93380 by william white
Replied by william white on topic css4k2 - changing style sheets
I usually do not disable the default css, just put a copy of k2.css into the file yourtemplatename_style.css into the k2 override folder i am using and it takes over. Sometimes templates have built in k2 styling that may be at work here

Please post a link to a couple of pages so people can firebug it and see the difference

• James Stacey
  • James Stacey's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93381 by James Stacey
Replied by James Stacey on topic css4k2 - changing style sheets
Thanks for your response. I forgot to dump the cache in the joomla back-end, that seemed to sort it out. 

More
13 years 7 months ago #93382 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic css4k2 - changing style sheets
Hi.

I have ran into some rare times where css4K2 does not load the category template properly and so the default k2.css is loaded instead (a cache cleaning always fixes it).  What I'd recommend is that you make sure that the default k2.css has the most important styling that you use in your other css so that in case this happens, your page falls back to something close to the rest of your site.

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #93383 by mercuryexposure
Replied by mercuryexposure on topic css4k2 - changing style sheets
Willaim, what are the ramifications of replacing K2 css with the css from your template?

what do you loose inthe process? surely k2 offers things in their css that is not already in the template css

(I'm a total noob, so I have no clue)

Thanks,

Randall

William White said:

I usually do not disable the default css, just put a copy of k2.css into the file yourtemplatename_style.css into the k2 override folder i am using and it takes over. Sometimes templates have built in k2 styling that may be at work here

Please post a link to a couple of pages so people can firebug it and see the difference