Keyword

How to Display Category Description text?

• Roger Edrinn
  • Roger Edrinn's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93409 by Roger Edrinn
How to Display Category Description text? was created by Roger Edrinn
I'm using K2 Items in Major and Child Categories and displaying them in a multi-column webpage as a Category Item layout, works very well. However my Category Description text is not displaying. I could create a new Item with that text and put it at the top using Leading Count and display my other items in Primary Count, but seems less than elegant.

Any suggestions how to get Category Description text to display?

Thanks for your thoughts.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #93410 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic How to Display Category Description text?
There are settings in K2:categories where you can select if the category description is displayed (category view option).
  • Roger Edrinn
More
13 years 7 months ago #93411 by Roger Edrinn
Replied by Roger Edrinn on topic How to Display Category Description text?
That's what I thought, had both the Title and Description set to show. The Title shows but not the description. Possibly caused by some CSS coding I had a 3rd party do to create dynamic menu name text insertion . . . long story. :)

Terry A Britton said:

There are settings in K2:categories where you can select if the category description is displayed (category view option).

So on to plan B, create a Header Item, displayed in Leading. That worked except:

I set Leading to 1 with 1 column, but that column was set left as if it only had 1/3 of the space to display, I was expecting 1 - full width
column. Both my Primary and Secondary are set to 3 columns. Appears as
if Leading is picking up that 3 column definition and displaying in the
first (left) column. Why?

Any suggestions?
  • Roger Edrinn
More
13 years 7 months ago #93412 by Roger Edrinn
Looking closer at how the Item displays, I'm seeing the centered text displayed far left, not centered in the left column. It's almost as if their are two centering commands:

1 to align the text group and

2 a second centering command to align within the column

It is possible I have a full width column with my text block, which is centered, pushed far left.

Is that possible?
More
13 years 7 months ago #93413 by Terry Britton
Please provide a link to the page in question.
  • Roger Edrinn
More
13 years 7 months ago #93414 by Roger Edrinn
This is how Plan B should look Centered Text Item except I had to set the Leading count to 2, I want 1.

This is Plan B with Leading count at 1: Centered Text, positioned Left clueless why it isn't centered, Leading is set to 1 column.

If I use Leading at 3 columns, then I get what you'd expect

I did briefly see a 1 column Category title and description at the top, but it disappeared when I refreshed the page.

Any idea why Leading 1,1 doesn't work?

Terry A Britton said:

Please provide a link to the page in question.
More
13 years 7 months ago #93415 by Terry Britton
Line 359 in k2.css (div.itemContainerLast). Set width to 100%. Not sure what it will do to the other views. There are currently two other divs (<div class="clr"></div>) that are hogging up the right side. I presume these are put in when the div is empty, but they won't collapse. You could edit the php and remove that portion from the if/else statement (I'm guessing here, I don't use this layout) and then add the same div clear statement after the last itemContainerList so the text doesn't move up to the same line as the title.
  • Roger Edrinn
More
13 years 7 months ago #93416 by Roger Edrinn
Thanks Terry, I did a work-around. Click any of the above links to see. Since my images are dynamic, only one item, but unique images for each page, I can have white on either side by simply deleting the images. Will go with this for now.

Thanks for the help.

Terry A Britton said:

Line 359 in k2.css (div.itemContainerLast). Set width to 100%. Not sure what it will do to the other views. There are currently two other divs (<div class="clr"></div>) that are hogging up the right side. I presume these are put in when the div is empty, but they won't collapse. You could edit the php and remove that portion from the if/else statement (I'm guessing here, I don't use this layout) and then add the same div clear statement after the last itemContainerList so the text doesn't move up to the same line as the title.