Keyword

Diffrent ( auto ) introtext count for primary vs secondary

• strullinger
  • strullinger's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93444 by strullinger
Is it possable to set K2 up so that the primary item shows say 500 words but then have all of the secondary items only display like 50 words. Im building a multi author blog and I want to remove some of the control away from them.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93445 by Terry Britton
I quickly looked through category.php and didn't see any easy way to do it since it just calls item_category.php which sets up a template for each item. It's possible, but would take some work. You might be able to modify the divs (#itemListSecondary div) to a certain height and then hide the overflow. I don't use that type of layout so can't say much more. Use firefox with firebug and give it a try.

• strullinger
  • strullinger's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93446 by strullinger
Thanks Terry, I tried making changes like this through firebug but came up with nothing. I will probably just use the K2_content module to do it. 

Terry A Britton said:
I quickly looked through category.php and didn't see any easy way to do it since it just calls item_category.php which does the word limit. It's possible, but would take some work. You might be able to modify the divs (#itemListSecondary div) to a certain height and then hide the overflow. I don't use that type of layout so can't say much more. Use firefox with firebug and give it a try.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93447 by Terry Britton
If you want, give a link to your site and I'll have a look.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93448 by Simon Wells
Hi Steven,

I am aware of a new k2 template over ride set that may well allow this to happen, I am currently waiting for a final version to be packed for me so that I  can test it.

I believe it wont allow a value to be set in the backend as that would need a mod, but it could be coded in.

Once I have it, I will test it and let you know.