Keyword

specify different images for each size in a post

More
13 years 7 months ago #93469 by YaBoi
Hello,

Big fan of K2!

Is there anyway to specify different images for each size (small, med, large)? For example I want my homepage article rotator to show a 400 x 200 sized image, but have a 300 x 300 size image in the actual post?

If I set the 'large' image size to 400 x 200 but upload a square image (500 x 500) will it distort the image to 400 x 200. Anyway to make it crop it instead?

Thanks for all your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93470 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic specify different images for each size in a post
In your homepage article rotator can you set the size of the image? This should be independant from the size you set in K2. I use rokstories to rotate stories on my frontpage and I set the size in rokstories different than in K2 and it works fine.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93471 by YaBoi
Thanks for the reply. I am using Rokstories as well. I can set the size in  the Rokstory module. However, due to my layout I would like to use a rectangle image in Rokstories but a square image in the actual post page.

Therefore I can not upload a 500 px x 500 px image and have it be a rectangle dimension (400 x 200 px) in Rokstories.

Anyways no big deal, I can just create a new category for Rokstories and create a 'duplicate' post for any articles I would like to feature.

Thanks again!

Terry A Britton said:

In your homepage article rotator can you set the size of the image? This should be independant from the size you set in K2. I use rokstories to rotate stories on my frontpage and I set the size in rokstories different than in K2 and it works fine.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93472 by Reinis
Hi!

so, 
Is there anyway to specify different images for each size (small, med, large)?

Thanks!

More
13 years 7 months ago #93473 by Bernd Hofinger
Replied by Bernd Hofinger on topic specify different images for each size in a post
Yes, there is a way. You can do it in the category : click on the category - click on "item image options" on the right side of the view. Theres is another way to set it generally: click on "categories" - click on "settings" in the right upper corner of the view. (i dont have an english backend - i hope the english name is "settings") (the german name is "einstellungen", if you speak german) If you want to set different picture-sizes for a frontpage with items from subcategories on it - dont try it - this is an incredible bug of K2
Reinis said:

Hi!

so,  Is there anyway to specify different images for each size (small, med, large)?

Thanks!

More
13 years 7 months ago #93474 by Reinis
This way i can specify different image sizes for categories , but what im looking for is possibility to assign different images for ieach size in ITEM. Meaning that instead of one i would upload 5 different images. Item image tab could have 5 file selection fields, each for one size.

anything like that?

Thanks
Bernd Hofinger said:

Yes, there is a way. You can do it in the category : click on the category - click on "item image options" on the right side of the view. Theres is another way to set it generally: click on "categories" - click on "settings" in the right upper corner of the view. (i dont have an english backend - i hope the english name is "settings") (the german name is "einstellungen", if you speak german) If you want to set different picture-sizes for a frontpage with items from subcategories on it - dont try it - this is an incredible bug of K2 Reinis said:

Hi!

so,  Is there anyway to specify different images for each size (small, med, large)?

Thanks!

More
13 years 7 months ago #93475 by Bernd Hofinger
Replied by Bernd Hofinger on topic specify different images for each size in a post
Oh sorry! My english is not one of the best. But my little suspicion was that this problem was a little bit easy..

I dont know something native to solve your problem, but maybe you want to use something like "frontpage-slideshow" from K2. You can put it on a !modulposition!, assign pictures to it and link each picture to an content-item or to a menu-item. But in all probability you anyway know more about K2 than me.
Reinis said:

This way i can specify different image sizes for categories , but what im looking for is possibility to assign different images for ieach size in ITEM. Meaning that instead of one i would upload 5 different images. Item image tab could have 5 file selection fields, each for one size.

anything like that?

Thanks Bernd Hofinger said:

Yes, there is a way. You can do it in the category : click on the category - click on "item image options" on the right side of the view. Theres is another way to set it generally: click on "categories" - click on "settings" in the right upper corner of the view. (i dont have an english backend - i hope the english name is "settings") (the german name is "einstellungen", if you speak german) If you want to set different picture-sizes for a frontpage with items from subcategories on it - dont try it - this is an incredible bug of K2 Reinis said:

Hi!

Thanks!