Keyword

How to add the tags for individual jpeg images to be picked up by k2 search.

• Kevin Michael
  • Kevin Michael's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93544 by Kevin Michael
Hi there, i am creating a photography website and i am using the k2 categories with the k2 image galleries. The client has requested that the user has the option to search for individual photos, i.e. newphoto.jpg will have tags in the jpeg properties describing the photo, eg. Joe blogg, fred grant etc all these are specified in the tags property of the jpeg. Now i want to be able to search those image tags through a search function, and not have to put the keywords manually in the gallery for search to work. I am also using simple gallery pro to manage the galleries as well. Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93545 by Simon Wells
Hi Kevin,

Have you checked the Joomla extension directory?

I am certain that there is  plugin for extended search, by tags too that may help.

SimonK2 Support 

• Kevin Michael
More
13 years 7 months ago #93546 by Kevin Michael
Hi Simon

thanks for the reply

I have searched joomla extensions for some sort of module that will be able to search the properties of a jpg or jpeg file, but to no avail. If anyone know of an application that extracts tags from multiple jpg images that would also be useful, as i would just place those tags in the category keywords section which are picked up by a normal search on the joomla site. Reason you may ask, why i dont do it manually, as its a photography websites and there are 15000 photos, and to open each one and extract the tags from the properties would be VERY time consuming.

Please help

thanks

kevin
Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:

Hi Kevin,

Have you checked the Joomla extension directory?

I am certain that there is  plugin for extended search, by tags too that may help.

SimonK2 Support 

More
13 years 7 months ago #93547 by Terry Britton
I haven't worked a lot with jpeg metadata, but if they are in exif format you might have a chance.  Although there is nothing within K2 that will do what you're looking for.  I would search google for "retrieve jpeg metadata" or "retrieve exif metadata" or something like that and hopefully you'll find something.  It doesn't have to be Joomla specific.  If you can find a script/program to extract the metadata then you could modify k2 to put that data it into the tags field.

You might also want to look at a gallery program like jphoto instead of K2.  I know it reads metadata.

• Kevin Michael
More
13 years 7 months ago #93548 by Kevin Michael
jphoto have just come back and said that they dont have the ability to search metadata of jpgs? so does anyone know of any other gallery program that has th capabilities that i am looking for? What about Phoco?