Keyword

Excluding Categories from Search / K2 category options

More
13 years 7 months ago #93556 by trip
Hi All

does anyone know if this is possible, or is there a plugin to do this.

Ideally it would be great to have this in the category options, to exclude any article under the category from being found in a search.

This could also be added to the tagging.

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93557 by JoomlaWorks
The search module has been updated in v2.5 and now you can define specific categories for it to search. So you can create multiple copies of the module (e.g. 2) and have one for the site, the other for an intranet section and so on ;)

Tagging is another story, but we'll work out something for that as well.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #93558 by trip
Hi Fotis, this is great... the svn is proving to be a great system, and we are enjoying using it. The speed has been a great improvement as well.

Thanks

Matthew

More
13 years 1 month ago #93559 by Crash Raindog
Replied by Crash Raindog on topic Excluding Categories from Search / K2 category options
Could you possibly elaborate on this, I've looked at the K2 Tools search box but that offers no options to exclude categories from search. Which module offers this?

More
13 years 1 month ago #93560 by Matthew Philogene
Replied by Matthew Philogene on topic Excluding Categories from Search / K2 category options
If you use the latest SVN version you will see this option, but remember this is not recommended for production use..

Crash Raindog said:

Could you possibly elaborate on this, I've looked at the K2 Tools search box but that offers no options to exclude categories from search. Which module offers this?

More
13 years 1 month ago #93561 by Crash Raindog
Replied by Crash Raindog on topic Excluding Categories from Search / K2 category options
Ah, the new beta version, I see. I found a plugin that did the job from Nectar Media which let me specify the categories to include in search. Bit of a fudge but it does the trick for now.

www.newnectar.com/k2-search-within-category/joomla-downloads/k2-search-within-category

More
13 years 1 month ago #93562 by Matthew Philogene
Replied by Matthew Philogene on topic Excluding Categories from Search / K2 category options
Thats great, thanks for sharing the other link... 

Crash Raindog said:
Ah, the new beta version, I see. I found a plugin that did the job from Nectar Media which let me specify the categories to include in search. Bit of a fudge but it does the trick for now.

www.newnectar.com/k2-search-within-category/joomla-downloads...

More
13 years 1 month ago #93563 by Crash Raindog
It's not ideal but it does work with the current stable version. Will be nice when this latest version is stable and we can use that functionality to exclude categories.

More
13 years 1 month ago #93564 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Excluding Categories from Search / K2 category options
I use this one also

Crash Raindog said:

www.newnectar.com/k2-search-within-category/joomla-downloads...