Keyword

Help with formating K2 items

More
13 years 7 months ago #93627 by ba
Help with formating K2 items was created by ba
Hi,

Brand new to Joomla and K2...

Please see the 3 banner images at the following link: -They are located in positions top1, top2 and top3 within my template as k2_content modules.

www.tekgem.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=20&lang=en

The 3 images are to act as banners but I cannot get the format to my liking: -

How can I get the arrows to the left of each image to disappear?

How can I get the images to center into each module?

Hope these are not too complex questions and there is an easy solution, I already searched for hours but no luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93628 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Help with formating K2 items
I would first look at the table class in css and see if there were any images called arrow

More
13 years 7 months ago #93629 by ba
Replied by ba on topic Help with formating K2 items
I looked in the css file and have found the image: - .art-blockcontent-body UL LI - url(../images/blockcontentbullets.png);

I found that by commenting out the following code in the template.css the arrow disappears but I assume that now I have commented this out the bullets are gone for all types of content I create? I only want no arrows on banners? I also still cannot center the banners inside their module positions?

/* background-image: url('../images/blockcontentbullets.png'); */

More
13 years 7 months ago #93630 by william white
Im not a css guru but i think you can change the class somewhere and create a new class...

You may be able to call it in the category_item.php and change the div class=newclass ba said:

I looked in the css file and have found the image: - .art-blockcontent-body UL LI - url(../images/blockcontentbullets.png);

I found that by commenting out the following code in the template.css the arrow disappears but I assume that now I have commented this out the bullets are gone for all types of content I create? I only want no arrows on banners? I also still cannot center the banners inside their module positions?

/* background-image: url('../images/blockcontentbullets.png'); */

More
13 years 7 months ago #93631 by ba
Any pointers on how I can get the banners centered? They are positioned too far to the right... in the css files I have looked through everything already looks like it is centered to the left?

More
13 years 7 months ago #93632 by william white
I think you can

adding float right to template.css .art-block-body at line 821 will center the imagesnext change padding to 0 at line 813 in the same .art.....then change padding to 0 0 0 0px at line 853 .art-blockcontent-body ul li

give it a try, but as i said im no css guru, just curious with firebug

Firebug is your friend!

ba said:

Any pointers on how I can get the banners centered? They are positioned too far to the right... in the css files I have looked through everything already looks like it is centered to the left?

More
13 years 7 months ago #93633 by ba
Thanks I will give this a try but maybe K2 isn't the best for what I am trying to achieve?

I have easily formatted the effect I was trying to achive using a standard joomla article using the JCE editor...

(See home page www.tekgem.co.uk)

Maybe I should stick to using K2 for different types of content other than banners? I am concerned that by hacking the tempate.css and K2.css files this will affect other types of content I plan to add in the future (latest news, blog, etc)?

More
13 years 7 months ago #93634 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Help with formating K2 items
Hi,

If you want to use different layouts for specific K2 items, you should take a look to K2 template overriding blog :

community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2

Sure, K2 is better for content management than banner management.

Olivier