Keyword

K2 Static Frontpage

• Greg Kocunik
  • Greg Kocunik's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93683 by Greg Kocunik
K2 Static Frontpage was created by Greg Kocunik
Hey guys, I am new to K2 however I have read Simon's tutorials and other posts and was not able to find a solution.

What I am trying to do is make a K2 item the frontpage. The problem is that whenever I change the main menu type to K2 Item, K2 Category or K2 Blog form I cannot get the K2 item to display on my frontpage. My website is www.rm-painters.com, any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93684 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Static Frontpage
This is one way

and

this is another way

• Greg Kocunik
More
13 years 7 months ago #93685 by Greg Kocunik
Replied by Greg Kocunik on topic K2 Static Frontpage
Thank you for the reply, I must still be doing something wrong and it is quite frustrating since usually I am sound when it comes to computers.

William if I do things your way I have to create a Joomla or a K2 Article?
I have created a Joomla article and when following your instructions I get stuck at "Use K2FrontPage as the position and in the paramaters select specific K2 Items, go to the pick list in paramaters and select the two items you created".

When I go into the module I want to display on my frontpage, I cannot find "K2FrontPage" under position (on the left hand side of the page). Am I doing something wrong here?
What else I am not 100% clear about is that once I am selecting the K2 items I want to display, which specific parameter do I pick them from? Is it the "Add items" or "Select one or more categories" that I need to pick the items from?

• Greg Kocunik
More
13 years 7 months ago #93686 by Greg Kocunik
Anyone?

More
13 years 7 months ago #93687 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 Static Frontpage
Hi Greg,

What do you need to do exactly on that home page?  

Since you mentioned you want to assign an item, do you just need static content?  If not, can you let us know more about what you need displayed on that homepage?

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #93688 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Static Frontpage
sorry for the delay

"When I go into the module I want to display on my frontpage, I cannot find "K2FrontPage" under position (on the left hand side of the page). Am I doing something wrong here?"

You can create a new position by typing into the position box the new position you want to create, then call it with loadposition from a regular joomla article (more info)

• Greg Kocunik
More
13 years 7 months ago #93689 by Greg Kocunik
I appreciate the responses and will let you know if that solved my problem. Work is quite full on at the moment so I unfortunately havn't had time to check if it finally works. None the less I want to thank you all for helping me out.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93690 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 Static Frontpage
Never apologize for being too busy, it's a good thing nowadays :-)

Greg Kocunik said:
I appreciate the responses and will let you know if that solved my problem. Work is quite full on at the moment so I unfortunately havn't had time to check if it finally works. None the less I want to thank you all for helping me out.

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com