Keyword

Problems installing k2 --> cannot create target folder

More
13 years 7 months ago #93691 by Vicky
Hi,

I am trying to install K2 on my site. I get the error "-1 cannot create target folder".

I deleted all files, tried to install it again. It does not write tables into sql.

Since I cannot solve this prob I tried to install K2 manually. What a surprise... I didn´t work ;)

Maybe I have missed something. So I have two questions:

1. Is there a solution for this error when installing? I set the rights etc... but no change.

2. Can I install K2 manually? If so... HOW ??? Is there a doc out there that explains a manual installation?

THANKS VERY MUCH!

Vicky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93692 by Jiliko.net
Hi Vicky,

Have you got the same problem with other extensions ?

Do you use FTP layer ? If yes, is it correctly set ?

Olivier

More
13 years 7 months ago #93693 by Vicky
Yes I guess I use FTP Layer. I must admit I´m not sure, if my settings are correct. 

I don´t have this problem with other extensions but I had some probs with the rights for files, but I could change them manually.

... so this might be the problem. I don´t know what setting is the best as on my other Host I never had such problems. 

It would be really great if you could help me with the correct settings.

Vicky :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #93694 by Jiliko.net
Vicky,

You can PM me with your website information (url, backend access) and i'll check that.

Olivier
Vicky said:

Yes I guess I use FTP Layer. I must admit I´m not sure, if my settings are correct. 

I don´t have this problem with other extensions but I had some probs with the rights for files, but I could change them manually.

... so this might be the problem. I don´t know what setting is the best as on my other Host I never had such problems. 

It would be really great if you could help me with the correct settings.

Vicky :)