• Mark Rowe
  • Mark Rowe's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93697 by Mark Rowe
A few issue for front end editors... was created by Mark Rowe
Hi All,

New to this but here goes...

We are using using Joomla! 1.5. for the site www.lettingsmole.com 

The idea of the site is for registered "Site Publishers" to publish news and blog articles on the site when they wish, I have a few issues though...

1. When the editor display pops up, right at the very bottom, the image button appears and if clicked gives them access to all of my images etc that are stored on the server, how do I change this?

2. I have installed the relevant image and video plugins for front end editors to upload their things, but the buttons to upload the images and videos are out of sync, any ideas? As when you click on the image button this displays the video upload and when video button is clicked the extra fields display shows??

3. Is there a way that when a new article is published by a front end user it will automatically show on our Facebook Application page?

4. The front end editor seems very "black" in the background and doesn't show the titles correctly as the text is in black, how do I solve this?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice! 

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93698 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic A few issue for front end editors...
1. In the Joomla plugins section under editors-xtd you can disable any of the buttons at the bottom of the page.

2. That's bizarre. Is it the actual button or the tab? A screenshot with description of the problem would help.

3. Not that I know of. Somewhere I've seen a plugin or component for updating facebook pages with articles. Not sure if it would work with K2. Search google for Joomla facebook.

4. You have some css that is turning the letters black. Can't tell which css file without looking at the page. Use firefox with the firebug plugin and you can inspect the page and see what css is affecting things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.