Keyword

Where's the My Likes parameter?

• canderson
  • canderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93710 by canderson
Where's the My Likes parameter? was created by canderson
I have K2 v 2.4.1 installed but can't find the My Likes page referenced by an e-mail I received this morning from this site. :)

I'm sure I'm simply overlooking it, but this feature is critical and I'm so happy it's apparently now in K2. Now, if only I could find it! My other resort was to purchase a module that includes the liking option (previous K2 versions Social Sharing options only had a Twitter like, not FB - which was simply a share option).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks much,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93711 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Where's the My Likes parameter?
If you go to the blog posts or videos and drill into the entire content (not sure what ning calls it but it would be item view in k2) you will see the facebook Like button

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93712 by canderson
Replied by canderson on topic Where's the My Likes parameter?
Hm, no luck. You can see a sample page of my dev site here (ignore the styling, this is a sandbox at the moment!): www.witf.info/education/item/15214-reach-there-is-a-better-way

This is a link to a blog entry - I have social sharing and Tween This on but don't see the FB like per the e-mail I received this a.m.

I'm sure I'm simply overlooking something ... but any other guidance?

Thanks for your reply, by the way! :)

William White said:

If you go to the blog posts or videos and drill into the entire content (not sure what ning calls it but it would be item view in k2) you will see the facebook Like button

More
13 years 7 months ago #93713 by william white
take a look at here

I think one or both of us read the post incorrectly. I assumed it meant here on this forum, and at the bottom of that link a facebook like button is there (i assumed it had been added in the blog and video section of this forum- but i may be wrong)

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93714 by canderson
No worries if either of us misread, it's a Friday afternoon. :)

That share icon is exactly what I want to add to my site, but can't find where to turn the feature "on". The icons that are here on this thread are awesome, I just can't find where to enable them for my K2 site now (I looked all through parameters but nothing has changed from the TweetThis and SocialSharing icons).

More
13 years 7 months ago #93715 by william white
Take a look at this

I like it

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93716 by canderson
Dumb question, but does that work with K2 items (reads more like traditional Joomla articles, which we will not be using). Sorry for the elementary questions, but the e-mail sent this morning implied the like feature was built in to K2 now. Here's the text I received:

Here's something you might like — we've just added Like Buttons to photos, videos, and blog posts. With the site Like Button, everything that you like gets added to your "My Likes" page. You can also Like something right from the Main Page. And with the Facebook Like button, now anyone with a Facebook account can like what they see and share it with their friends.

Hope you enjoy this new feature! Get Liking!

More
13 years 7 months ago #93717 by william white
Yes it does work with k2 items

Chris Anderson said:
Dumb question, but does that work with K2 items (reads more like traditional Joomla articles, which we will not be using). Sorry for the elementary questions, but the e-mail sent this morning implied the like feature was built in to K2 now. Here's the text I received:

Here's something you might like — we've just added Like Buttons to photos, videos, and blog posts. With the site Like Button, everything that you like gets added to your "My Likes" page. You can also Like something right from the Main Page. And with the Facebook Like button, now anyone with a Facebook account can like what they see and share it with their friends.

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93718 by canderson
Ah, OK. I'll go dl that component and get it running. Thanks!!!

William White said:
Yes it does work with k2 items
Chris Anderson said:

More
13 years 7 months ago #93719 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Where's the My Likes parameter?
Based on the css classes used, it appears to be this product:

www.khawaib.co.uk/downloads/ka-facebook-like-and-share.html#kalas_demo