Keyword

Linking internal article that's not a menu item?

• canderson
  • canderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93725 by canderson
I have a set of articles (job postings, specifically) I need to link to from a Careers page. I have the articles created, but can't find a way to link to them since they aren't a menu item.

I have the articles in a category, but that category menu item is a standalone item and I don't want these job postings to be seen anywhere but from the Careers page link.

I know within Joomla you can use JCE's extended link to do this, but it of course can't see K2 items.

Is there any way to link text to internal articles that are published but not in a menu?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93726 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Linking internal article that's not a menu item?
You should be able to use the jce to enter links to k2 articles, just copy and paste the address from your browser bar into the link editor.

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93727 by canderson
Replied by canderson on topic Linking internal article that's not a menu item?
Terry, I have tried but that doesn't work since there is no URL (that I can find) for these articles. I have them published in a category, but that category isn't a menu item so the stories are not located anywhere off a menu and thus I don't have a proper URL (just an ID number and that doesn't work when attempting to link).

Any other ideas?

Terry A Britton said:

You should be able to use the jce to enter links to k2 articles, just copy and paste the address from your browser bar into the link editor.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93728 by BBC
Use search at forum. There is a advanced K2 link plugin for JCE. Free.

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #93729 by canderson
Replied by canderson on topic Linking internal article that's not a menu item?
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This never came up in my previous searches (bad terminology I was using, for sure). Works like a champ.

BBC said:
Use search at forum. There is a advanced K2 link plugin for JCE. Free.