Keyword

Missing Page titles and Changes in fonts for article titles

• Phoenix
  • Phoenix's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93736 by Phoenix
I am having 2 issues which for the life of me I can't figure out. I actually manually set every parameter in my entire system to "show" so I could confirm it wasn't an unknown override (all menus and menu items, all K2 items and categories, all Template settings, all module settings, and all global parameters) to try to track this down with no luck. (As a side note it would sure be great if there was a "check all" button to do this and change them all from inherit all at once).

Problem #1 is when I link a menu item to the K2 "item" menu item type, it does not display the page title even though the parameter is set to show and the page title has been entered. Categories works fine just not item.

Problem #2 is that when I use the K2 content module to place items in places other than my main content area, the article titles are much smaller than they are in the main content area. This is posing a readability issue as it is about the size of the list titles and this is the most visible area of my site.

I have a habit of systematically trying to track things down that are difficult to find and have found several template bugs because of this but I am also so new at all of this that I am thinking I could easily be missing something as well.

While I realize that I could probably fix both of these by modifying a CSS file, I am only a few weeks into all of this and I am very slowly going through the CSS learning curve (3 weeks ago CSS was just a bunch of letters that meant nothing to to me). It would be so much easier if the parameter settings for page title worked and if there was an easy fix to the sizing issue.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93737 by Serge Pervakov
Hi, man!

I just have the unswer for Problem#1

in \components\com_k2\templates\default\item.php after lin 18 add:

<?php if($this->params->get('show_page_title')): ?>    <!-- Page title -->    <div class="componentheading<?php echo $this->params->get('pageclass_sfx')?>">        <?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get('page_title')); ?>    </div>    <?php endif; ?>

after that page title will show up

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #93738 by Jürgen
Thanks, this was very helpful. We had a similar problem with the Sobi2 component. On a listing page with one selected category it showed always the component name instead of the page title. A small modification in frontend.class.php solved the issue.