Keyword

What the...? holes ?!

• atombased
  • atombased's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93757 by atombased
What the...? holes ?! was created by atombased
Hi,

i'm developing a k2 catalog for a client and i'm having isuess with "holes". Namely, i've set to show 8 aricles in 2 rows on the category and it shows 2 articles in 1st line, 1 article in 2nd line, than again 2 articles in 3rd line.. (here's a link for you to check it out live: presentanova.mandala.biz/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=10:clear-look&Itemid=239 )

I simply can't figure it out. PLEASE HELP! :)

thanks in front.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93758 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic What the...? holes ?!
K2 will display four items on a row if there's enough room for four items.  Firstly, reduce the size of your images in the k2 backend.  At that point you may have other problems so I would suggest Firefox with the Firebug plugin.  Then you can play with the css and narrow down your problem.

• atombased
More
13 years 7 months ago #93759 by atombased
Replied by atombased on topic What the...? holes ?!
There is enough room for 4 articles. .... take a look please: presentanova.mandala.biz/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=10:clear-look&Itemid=239

and yes, i'm using firebug ofcourse...

More
13 years 7 months ago #93760 by Terry Britton
I tested at several screen resolutions.  It appears your template has a fixed width of 1024 pixels.  The left column is set at about 200 pixels.  That leaves about 800 pixels of width for your content and each picture is about 300 pixels.  Add in padding and there's no way you'll get more than two items on one line.

• atombased
More
13 years 7 months ago #93761 by atombased
That's right. and i want only 2 items in a line.BUT, my problem is that almost every 2nd line is showing only 1 item!SEE HERE: presentanova.mandala.biz/index.php?option=com_k2&view=it...

Terry A Britton said:

I tested at several screen resolutions.  It appears your template has a fixed width of 1024 pixels.  The left column is set at about 200 pixels.  That leaves about 800 pixels of width for your content and each picture is about 300 pixels.  Add in padding and there's no way you'll get more than two items on one line.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93762 by matthew turner
Replied by matthew turner on topic What the...? holes ?!
Hi

Just quickly checked and it looks like you have set the category to display in 2 COLUMNS and not ROWS.(not an option in K2 as far as I can tell !!)...

The displayed page has correctly split the content area using the itemContainer class set to 50% (100% divided by number of columns)

Also the size of your images would need to be reduced to at least a quarter of the total page width (with all padding and margins removed?)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mat

• atombased
More
13 years 7 months ago #93763 by atombased
okay, sorry, my english is rather bad....   

Leading count is set to 8Columns for leading are set to 2

the pictures are not the problem, neither are their margins/paddings.. As you can see now (presentanova.mandala.biz/index.php?option=com_k2&view=it... ), i've reduced the size of images to 100px. images are small, they fit, but still there are missing items in few rows!I'm saying again: 1st row has 2 items, second row has 1 item, third row has 2 items, fourt and fifth row have 2 items, than again, sixth row has 1 item. how is that possible?!

mat said:

Hi

Just quickly checked and it looks like you have set the category to display in 2 COLUMNS and not ROWS.(not an option in K2 as far as I can tell !!)...

The displayed page has correctly split the content area using the itemContainer class set to 50% (100% divided by number of columns)

Also the size of your images would need to be reduced to at least a quarter of the total page width (with all padding and margins removed?)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mat

• atombased
More
13 years 7 months ago #93764 by atombased
here are the "what i want" and "what i have files" 'cause obviously my english sucks that much, noone understands me (?) :D
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #93765 by Terry Britton
Your first post said, "show 8 aricles in 2 rows."  What you want is 8 articles in 2 rows.

When I look at your site the divs are not showing up properly in firebug.  This usually indicates an open tag.  Go to the following page, put in the link from above and the first error indicates a missing tag.  You need to fix that first.

validator.w3.org/

More
13 years 7 months ago #93766 by matthew turner
Replied by matthew turner on topic What the...? holes ?!
Hi,

Rows are horizontal, columns are vertical.....Last time I checked !! (Sorry !)

Give your itemContainer class a fixed height and it should all flow as per your design (8 articles in 2 Columns over 4 rows) - this would be required as not all of the itmes on the page have the same amount of content (introtext plus add to cart buttons etc...)

(well its a start)

PS

I did this on your link in firebug at height of 300px and image sizes can then be increased

Terry A Britton said:

Your first post said, "show 8 aricles in 2 rows."  What you want is 8 articles in 2 rows.

When I look at your site the divs are not showing up properly in firebug.  This usually indicates an open tag.  Go to the following page, put in the link from above and the first error indicates a missing tag.  You need to fix that first.

validator.w3.org/