Keyword

sh404SEF Problems by multiple use of same titles

• Elisa F.
  • Elisa F.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93894 by Elisa F.
Hello!

I imported some K2 items with the same titles with different aliases.

By selecting a K2 item on the website which has the same title as other items,

i cannot reach the other items on the website. The seo-friedly link is always set to the one item i first selected.

Is there any solution for this? I cannot give induvidual titles to the titles...

thanks a lot!

Elisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93895 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic sh404SEF Problems by multiple use of same titles
Hi Elisa.

It sounds like you are running into a known bug in K2 2.4.1 where the aliases are actually disregarded and are created from the title tag no matter what the item alias is set to. It's been fixed in the SVN.  Take a look at this thread and see if this solves some of your issues:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/latest-sh404sef-k2-aliases

Make sure you use the sef_ext/com_k2.php from the SVN drop

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Elisa F.
  • Elisa F.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93896 by Elisa F.
Oh, ok! Thank you very much for this fast help & reply! The Link is dead,... but i found it by searching by the thread: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/latest-sh404sef-k2-aliases?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A96179

Thanks a lot!

Elisa Olivier Karfis said:

Hi Elisa.

It sounds like you are running into a known bug in K2 2.4.1 where the aliases are actually disregarded and are created from the title tag no matter what the item alias is set to. It's been fixed in the SVN.  Take a look at this thread and see if this solves some of your issues:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/latest-sh404sef-k2-aliases

Make sure you use the sef_ext/com_k2.php from the SVN drop

--Olivier