Keyword

K2 vs RokTabs: how to organize Categories/Items?

• Ruud
  • Ruud's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93926 by Ruud
Hi,

I am sure that there are many people out there that use K2 and Roktabs, I could use some help with ho to set things up to work the way I want it to:

I am using Panacea theme from RocketTheme, Joomla 1.5.22 and K2 2.4.1. From RocketTheme comes a extensions that builds flexible tabbed content module: www.rockettheme.com/extensions-joomla/roktabs

What I would like to do is this: once the user has reached the product level (=Item in K2,right?) he gets a screen with:

Short description of the product
Tabbed module with all sorts of background info

Result would look something like this:

What I've done to achieve this is:

Description (with the picture) is a separate (Custom HTML) module that I only publish on this page,
I've set all the category properties such that NOTHING is published in the Main Content part
The tabbed module is a separate module that I only publish on this page. RokTab takes K2 input and you can set the category to display, every item in the category becomes a new tab.

So I've been able to build what I wanted but I am not sure I've done it the smartest way, seems a lot of extra work. Does anyone have a better suggestion? If only I could get rid of the Custom HTML module that would be great. Solutions for the RokTab module would be brilliant!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.