Keyword

Item view options and removing read more link

More
13 years 7 months ago #93927 by Ian
I'm using K2 items as my home page and link via a tag - all works well except the item shows at the bottom of the item 'Read more ..."

Looking at the 'Item view options' there is no place to hide this.

Have a got this wrong?

Does anyone know how to remove this link?

see www.primed.net.au

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93928 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Item view options and removing read more link
Check item view in category listings for read more option

More
13 years 7 months ago #93929 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Item view options and removing read more link
I personally find it easier to use a Joomla article as my home page since you usually don't use K2 functionality on a home page (ie: no comments, no tags, no author, no extra fields...).  If you have a magazine, blog or storefront it would be different but it looks like you just use your home page as a simple HTML container (and you only have one item in your Front-Page category).

In general I also stay outside of K2 for any landing page - like for Adwords or single purpose pages especially since I use sh404 and K2 lacks the concept of the Joomla's "Uncategorized".  Note: I don't use front-page editing nor have more than 2 contributors so your needs might warrant using K2 in these cases.

William, do you see an advantage to using a single k2 item instead of a Joomla article for the front page? I might be missing something (besides the obvious "all in one place" kinds of things).

--Olivier

William White said:

Check item view in category listings for read more option

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #93930 by william white
@olivier - No i dont. I usually only use only modules loading into an article or a grid position

More
13 years 7 months ago #93931 by Ian
Hi William - the front page item is not viewed by category but by item. You can turn off Read more in category view.

Oliver - the reason I use K2 on the front page is because the article is replaced monthly and all I have to do is change it's category and it is correctly placed into a new category (which is the power of K2)

More
13 years 7 months ago #93932 by william white
Try k2.css line 547 div readmore...change display from inline to none

More
13 years 7 months ago #93933 by Ian
Thanks William that works- the old if there is no switch to remove it - remove it manually

More
13 years 7 months ago #93934 by william white
welcome, just be sure it doesnt interfere with other categories. If it does use override and css4k2

More
13 years 6 months ago #93935 by Andrea De Luca
Replied by Andrea De Luca on topic Item view options and removing read more link
Hi guys! New to this forum, but desperation has set in after hours of trying to do something, in my view, that should be incredilby simple. I have created a category to display items (job announcements) on the HP, what I'd like to do is to remove the readmore link and the last modified date from being displayed. I have hidden the readmore and practically all fields in all possible ways and plces...but the link still remains. I have also emptied browser and joomla cache but again nothing!

Here are the places where I've changed the parameter to hidden, it just ignores the command....very strange...or I'm missing something.

In category:

Item view options in category listingsItem view options

Under each single item:

Item view options in category listingsItem view options