Keyword

How can I move the photo caption?

• canderson
  • canderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94079 by canderson
How can I move the photo caption? was created by canderson
See: www.witf.info/creative-zone/creative-zone-think-denk

I have nested the image into the article, and can move the caption around the text area but can't within the CSS figure out how to move this to go underneath the image. Anyone know what css I can add to the K2 css file to get this to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94080 by william white
Replied by william white on topic How can I move the photo caption?
Try moving line 215 in item.php of your override up into the span class item image and see what happens

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #94081 by canderson
Replied by canderson on topic How can I move the photo caption?
William, that did a very interesting thing! it moved the caption flush right under the image, but proceeded to change the text into a false link and moved the image to the left a little (no longer flush right). :)

You mind looking to see if I did anything that'd be easy to fix this? The new lines are about 212-230 (give or take a few lines each way).

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #94082 by canderson
Topping. :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #94083 by william white
Replied by william white on topic How can I move the photo caption?
Chris,

I think i have it fixed for you, but take a look and let me know what you think.

I created a k2 override for the template you were using and wrapped the image caption with a center and a bold html tag

Take a look at the category Creative Zone and at the top right notice default has been changed to ItemImage which is the override i created.

With ftp take a look at root/templates/yourtemplate/html/com_k2/templates/ItemImage folder at the item.php file

The default item.php now resides there in the html folder as well and no changes have been made to the core.

Please let me know what you think

• canderson
More
13 years 7 months ago #94084 by canderson
So, so, so awesome. I cannot thank you enough!

One more issue that's occurring, and this happened when I made the initial change (aka it was happening before your changes). If you look at the page linked in my original post, you'll see the text is red and has a mouseover type of effect. It should be black and static (see: www.witf.info/news/new-school-program-aims-to-help-troubled-teens).

Can you see why this is happening? I can't figure it out - it's happening only when a caption is applied apparently.

William White said:

Chris,

I think i have it fixed for you, but take a look and let me know what you think.

I created a k2 override for the template you were using and wrapped the image caption with a center and a bold html tag

Take a look at the category Creative Zone and at the top right notice default has been changed to ItemImage which is the override i created.

With ftp take a look at root/templates/yourtemplate/html/com_k2/templates/ItemImage folder at the item.php file

The default item.php now resides there in the html folder as well and no changes have been made to the core.

Please let me know what you think

• canderson
More
13 years 6 months ago #94085 by canderson
I'm going to respond to this because when all was said and done this didn't fix the issue. It worked on one page but does not work when you create a new item. Any thoughts?

I have no php training unfortunately.