Keyword

Adding new item, how to change category ordering

• Brett Johnson
  • Brett Johnson's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94174 by Brett Johnson
Hello everyone, sorry if this has been asked, I searched and didn't see it.  When adding a new item and selecting a category the category drop down is ordered in the same order as the categories were added.  Is there a way to change the order so they are alphabetical?  I have quite a few categories and it is becoming difficult to locate them quickly when adding new items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94175 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Adding new item, how to change category ordering
Try this

• Brett Johnson
More
13 years 7 months ago #94176 by Brett Johnson
Replied by Brett Johnson on topic Adding new item, how to change category ordering
when you click on title in the category manager it organizes them in alphabetical order but I don't see any option or disk image that will save.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94177 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Adding new item, how to change category ordering
click order, and see if the disc shows up

• Brett Johnson
More
13 years 7 months ago #94178 by Brett Johnson
Replied by Brett Johnson on topic Adding new item, how to change category ordering
if i click on order the disk image to save shows up, but as soon as i click on title to sort them in alphabetical order again the disk disappears

what i tried was copying the link location of the disk image, and then clicking on the title to order alphabetically, after the disk disappeared i pasted the code javascript:saveorder(252,%20'saveorder') into the browser and it saved the alphabetical ordering for the categories menu.

but after going into the items tab and adding a new item, the category drop down was still ordered by ID number