Keyword

Show/Hide Content From UserGroup

• Carlos Salas
  • Carlos Salas's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94194 by Carlos Salas
Show/Hide Content From UserGroup was created by Carlos Salas
Hello everyone!

I was wondering how could I show or hide content to an specific user groups.

So I did something but it still doesn't works.. If you go to Components - K2 - User Groups then you edit or create a new one, you could see the options in there.. So I've added a new parameter in administrator\components\com_k2\models\userGroup.xml

<param name="show" type="radio" default="0" label="Show categories" description="">      <option value="0">No</option>      <option value="1">Yes</option></param>

This is how looks the Add/Edit user group now:

Basically the idea is to allow or disallow the user group to view the content of the selected categories BUT I don't know wich file I need to modify or how to do it. I really need this because my proyect needs to have this option. I've tried with almost all the files in the component but I don't understand where to put the code. I hope someone can help me or guide me or something hehe. 

Thank you guys!

Greets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94195 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Show/Hide Content From UserGroup
I would suggest the approach I outlined here: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/hiding-unwanted-fields-in.  That way you're just templating instead of hacking core files.

• Carlos Salas
  • Carlos Salas's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94196 by Carlos Salas
Replied by Carlos Salas on topic Show/Hide Content From UserGroup
Thank you Terry!

Terry A Britton said:
I would suggest the approach I outlined here: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/hiding-unwanted-fields-in.  That way you're just templating instead of hacking core files.