Keyword

K2 items showing as inactive

• Jerry Miszewski
  • Jerry Miszewski's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94246 by Jerry Miszewski
K2 items showing as inactive was created by Jerry Miszewski
I run a Joomla site that uses K2 as a blog platform and I have sh404sef installed for SEF purposes. When I click on an item in my blog, the URL created is perfect, but the item shows as an inactive menu item. Meaning, the inactive modules will show on this page and the highlighted menu item above will no longer be there (i.e. blog will not be highlighted anymore even though this is a blog item).

When I disable sh404sef, this problem does not happen anymore. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

The only reason I need it fixed is because I modules published on my blog page (categories, comments, tag cloud, archive) that I want to be shown on the blog items pages too, but they aren't there because the site thinks these items are inactive. Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jerry Miszewski
More
13 years 7 months ago #94247 by Jerry Miszewski
Replied by Jerry Miszewski on topic K2 items showing as inactive
No one has any ideas?

More
13 years 7 months ago #94248 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 items showing as inactive
Hi.

Sounds like an itemID issue so try this:  in sh404's URL manager, find the URL of the article without the modules and see if you have something in the "Duplicate" column.  If so, click on that number to bring up the duplicate panel and select another URL and make it Main (with a yellow star).  Clean up your cache (both Joomla & browser) and see if that makes a difference.

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Jerry Miszewski
More
13 years 7 months ago #94249 by Jerry Miszewski
Hey,

Thanks for the reply Olivier. I checked all the URLS that this is happening to and none of them have duplicates. I also tried clearing both browser and Joomla cache but the problem still occurs.

You can see the problem in action here: www.balancecommunity.com/Joomla/BC-Blog.html (sorry, the site is still under construction)

If you click on a blog entry, you can see that the menu on the left disappears and the 'Blog' that is orange on the main menu at the top of the page is no longer selected.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94250 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 items showing as inactive
Hi.

It's definitely an itemID issue (see how your breadcrumbs also revert back to 'home' instead of showing home>blog>article).

The site is back under construction so I can't check it again but 

1. Make sure that your blog menu item points to the K2 category with your blog items - These types of problems usually occur because there is some funky hierarchy or menu structure happening.

2. Purge your URLs in sh404

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Jerry Miszewski
More
13 years 7 months ago #94251 by Jerry Miszewski
Genius! 

Thanks Olivier, I was able to fix it thanks to your tip. What I had to do what select all the sub-categories AND the main category on the menu item in order for sh404sef to recognize that the sub-categories were indeed sub-categories. 

Thanks again Olivier.