Keyword

Captcha with Rockettheme

• alex099
  • alex099's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94258 by alex099
Captcha with Rockettheme was created by alex099
Joomla 1.5, Rocketthemes new Tachyon template, and K2.
I can't get reCaptcha to work with K2. I signed-up for keys and installed them. Enabled recaptcha also.

I found out that Joomla took off reCaptcha from Joomla 1.5 Extensions because it wont work with 1.5. I also found out that Rockettheme CSS template overrides cause captchas to not display properly or not at all. I wonder if anyone using rockettheme template has gotten reCaptcha to work. I am hoping that K2 has done something in its implementation that would make this possible. Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94259 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Captcha with Rockettheme
Check the k2 params

change to a default template and see if its a template issue

• alex099
More
13 years 7 months ago #94260 by alex099
Replied by alex099 on topic Captcha with Rockettheme
William White said:
Check the k2 params

change to a default template and see if its a template issue

I changed the template to the Joomla default. I checked the domain name spelling at reCaptcha. When I registered the domain name at reCaptcha I used the domain name, without www as the example shows. I reinstalled the keys. I disabled the reCaptcha plugin integrator. I don't know what else to try. Any Ideas?

• alex099
More
13 years 7 months ago #94261 by alex099
To update the discussion, I went back through the group permissions and also changed the parameters to allow everyone to comment. I checked the category settings and I am not inheriting from other categories. I have joomlaworks simple image pro and all video installed. Still captcha doesnt show.

• alex099
More
13 years 7 months ago #94262 by alex099
New Update - I disabled Joomlaworks All Video and Joomfish component, module and plugins and it started working. I will now start reverting my actions to isolate the problem. I will keep the community informed of progress.

• alex099
More
13 years 7 months ago #94263 by alex099
Finally -I uninstalled joomfish, then put everything back as it was except joomfish. and it works. I reinstalled joomfish and it still works. Checked with comment parameter set to registered only and reCaptcha does not appear. I wonder if it was the thinking of the designers that if the user is logged-in, the captcha is not needed? Does the comment reCaptcha work for anyone while user is logged-in?