Keyword

Create item in current categorie, without choice categorie

• Schmid Jochen
  • Schmid Jochen's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94293 by Schmid Jochen
Hi,

one question about categories. I have the problem that I have a lot of categories and sub categories. When I now want to add a new item, it should be marked the categorie and sub categories where I "standing". But in my case I have to choice the categorie where I want to add my item, but this is to difficult. Is there any option, extension oder anything else what recognize in which categorie I am and automatically take this to create the item?

Thanks a lot for help!

Regards Jochen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #94294 by Yiota
When having chosen nothing, and just click on Add a new item it doesn't know where you are or in which category you would like to put your item in.

If you filter the category first and then choose to add a new item, the category will be selected in the category selection box.

• Schmid Jochen
More
13 years 7 months ago #94295 by Schmid Jochen
Hi Yioty,

thanks for your answer.

Hm? I filter it "manualy". The structure is like this, you have to do this steps:

1. choice of city 

2. kind of department

3. choice the business

4. create a new item

So normally the system should know where the user is and where the item is created? Or did I understand anything wrong?

For example you can look here: www.branchenbuch-baden.de

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Jochen

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #94296 by Yiota
I'm sorry, you must be referring to the frontend editing, right?

When you want to add an item throught the frontend, right?

• Schmid Jochen
More
13 years 7 months ago #94297 by Schmid Jochen
sorry, I don´t understand what you mean.

First a user have to register at my site (www.branchenbuch-baden.de) after that the user can click through the categories (city > department > business > create item) ... so if the user click there on "create new item"... the user have to choose from a very long category list, and that´s to much for a normal user, who wants to register his company in our yellow pages.

Do you know what I mean and what I make wrong?

Thanks a lot Yiota!

Regards

Jochen

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #94298 by Yiota
What if you eliminate the categories the users see by only the ones you want them to see? You can create a K2 user group and assign all your users to that group. In that group you will specifically select which categories you want them to create an item to.

This, of course, presumes that you won't provide to your users the availability to use all your categories.

• Schmid Jochen
More
13 years 7 months ago #94299 by Schmid Jochen
The user should use all categories. but the category where they create the item should be selected automatically.

Because it´s a yellow pages so the users must have the opportunity to create a item in every category.