Keyword

Template for article submissions

• gillepy
  • gillepy's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94300 by gillepy
Template for article submissions was created by gillepy
Hello,

First of all i'd just like to point out that I've only been using Joomla for a little over a week so if any of my questions seem stupid I apologise in advance.

I'm (and a few friends) creating a website (as a hobby really) which will review all the pubs in my local area, however some of my mates are very adept at computers so im trying to simplify the article submission process. i was looking through the joomla extensions directory and came across K2. is it possible, with K2, to create a customised submission form including field which i will set (name, address, image, rating etc.) which then be formatted using css or something and added as an article?

my intial idea was to create a html template and have them fill in the blanks but the above would seem a better solution.

So is it possible with k2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #94301 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Template for article submissions
You actually want each article, i.e. pub, to be assigned to a category, let's say Pubs, and when you open each pub to be able to see Name of the pub (Title), some description, image or maybe images in a gallery, rating, etc.

K2 has many possibilities and I believe it will do for what you require.

See here the demo of K2.

• gillepy
  • gillepy's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94302 by gillepy
Replied by gillepy on topic Template for article submissions
so i will be able to produce a form type article submssion page for frontend users? where they enter all the informationa adn it will be formatted according to a template i create?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #94303 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Template for article submissions
Actually you will use the frontend editing, where each user, after login, will have the opportunity to add a new item to any category you have set them to. The fields the user would fill are the same with the backend's, when adding an item.

When Save, the item will appear to the category they have assigned it with the templating you have set.