Keyword

Exporting K2 article into html e-mail template

More
13 years 7 months ago #94494 by Emad
I'm looking for a way to automatically export part of a K2 article (before the readmore & the picture) into an HTML template. The purpose of this is to be able to send an email automatically using a custom email html template to some contacts every time I add a K2 article.  

Any idea on how I would be able to do this or where I can find some information that will help me?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94495 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Exporting K2 article into html e-mail template
Hi.

It's not a built in K2 functionality but I see several ways to approach it:

1. See if AcyMailing (which supports K2 articles) can do what you want via their autonewsletter functionality ( www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/138-acymailing-k2-integration.html )

2. Use a mailing service (such as Mailchimp.com) that can create automatic emails from RSS feeds, then modify your RSS feed locally or via Yahoo Pipes to get the exact parts that you want (ie: no image, just intro)

3. Wait for Joomlaworks' newsletter product that they announced they would be launching "soon" :-)

www.joomlablogger.net/blog/joomla-extension-news/upcoming-newsletter-component-integrates-with-k2-virtuemart-and-joomla/

Let us know what you figure out...

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 6 months ago #94496 by robm
I am using Acymailing with the K2 plugin and what you want is possible with this component.

I am using the Enterprise edition which is not free but I love this newsletter. Support is also good.

You can set an interval with a cron job. so Acymail will look every time for new content. You can choose 1 or more categories to send in an automated newsletter.