Keyword

Front page featured items

• Pieter
  • Pieter's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94507 by Pieter
Front page featured items was created by Pieter
I've been using and tweaking K2 for a while now, but am completely at a loss.

Here's the idea:

I made a category home and subcategories in it, which contain all the items. Then I set the home category as a standard menu item showing only featured items from the different subcategories. This works. So far so good.

Side note: on certain pages, my main menu is replaced by another menu, so it isn't always visible.

However, when I click on read more on one of the featured items on the frontpage, the menu disappears, not even being replaced by the other menu. When I locate the featured item within it's subcategory, or through its tags, the menu remains visible.

When I show my main menu on all pages, it remains visible when I click on a featured item on the frontpage, the problem 'disappears', although I do want the menu to be hidden on certain other pages, so it is not a perfect solution?

Is there anybody out there who might have a solution to this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pieter
  • Pieter's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94508 by Pieter
Replied by Pieter on topic Front page featured items
One more thing: If I make a menuitem that links to all the subcategories and shows only the featured items (so not to the home category), the problem is also resolved...

Seems like items are only in a subcategory and never in the parent category above it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.