Keyword

Can't Get Rid of Right Side Modules on Leading Item Links

• jentooman
  • jentooman's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94512 by jentooman
This site that I've built for my friend's father has modules in the right hand column that we only want to show on the home page. The modules are set to only display on the Home page.

But if you click on the read more link on any of the 3 leading items on the home page, the modules stay in the right column. If you click on the links below (past items), the modules do not show - which is how we want it. 

Any ideas how I can get them to not show on the leading item links? 

www.answersintheendtimes.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #94513 by Yiota
When you click on any of the leading items you will notice that the Itemid does not change and it is the one of the home page. If you have set your home page to get items from the same category as the one that the leading items belong to, then the home page Itemid will always surpass the category's Itemid. You need to set your menu links in that way that you will not have this problem.

• jentooman
More
13 years 7 months ago #94514 by jentooman
Thanks for your help!

I want that only category on the Home page, so how would I set up the Home menu item differently? Right now, Home is set as K2 » Itemlist / Category and only 1 category is selected. 

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #94515 by Yiota
This category's items will always open in homepage once there are no more menu links to show on this category. You can create another menu link to the same category so the items will load with that itemid and not the home page's. If you don't want this link to show, just create another Menu through Menu Manager and put that link there. As long as you don't use this anywhere else it won't show to any menu.

Another thing to try (I'm not very sure it would work though), if you won't use a multilevel menu to your site, would be to create that menu link to the category under Home menu item and make menu item work as an alias to the category link.

• jentooman
More
13 years 6 months ago #94516 by jentooman
Thanks! I'll try these suggestions!